UX Design and Research Co-Op
This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely. #LI-Remote
About the role:
As a UX Research & Design Co-op, you will play a key role in supporting our UX research and product design team functions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate research initiatives, design projects, and delivering on insights and process projects. This co-op position provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in UX research, design operations, and contribute to meaningful initiatives that impact Vena’s product and services.
What you will do:
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand their goals and research questions.
- Assist in planning, executing, and analyzing user research studies to gather insights. Which Includes: Recruit research participants, develop the participant pipeline, and nurture the user community as well as conducting usability testing and synthesizing feedback.
- Help manage research project timelines and resources.
- Assist in optimizing design workflow and operations for increased efficiency.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in UX research and design.
- Conduct competitive and comparative analysis based on advanced web, analysis reports and database searches.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on project goals.
Does this sound like you?:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a related field (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction, Business Design, Design, Psychology, etc.).
- Strong interest in user experience research and design operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with design tools (e.g., Dovetail, Confluence, Figma, Pendo, Google Analytics) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of user research methods and tools is an advantage.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Proactive time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 240+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2022!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: All interviews will be conducted using Zoom. We believe everyone should get to work from a location that suits their job and lifestyle the best, whether that is at home, in office, or a hybrid.