Director, Financial Reporting
- Be a trusted advisor and support the management team in making the right decision for the business through best-in-class financial management practices and accurate financial data
- Ability to find resolutions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy
- Act as the financial reporting subject matter expert for all internal and external stakeholders, provide technical expertise and advice on all matters related to accounting standards, financial reporting, policies, procedures, internal controls, and the Company’s overall financial health
- Manage, motivate, and develop the team by providing support, training, mentorship, and development while encouraging a continuous improvement and innovative mindset
- Act as the process owner driving process transformation and technology enhancement leveraging best practices and industry trends with a focus towards scaling the financial close and reporting operations
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation, consolidation and review of month, quarter and year-end close and financial reporting, underpinned by a strong system of internal controls, in compliance with IFRS and best-in-class customer service
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, internal and external financial reports and government/investor reporting and ensure compliance with IFRS and Company policies and procedures
- Lead all financial research efforts from evaluation to conclusion on all significant accounting transactions, new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued including memorandum preparation documenting the position and impact on the Company
- Coordinate, direct, plan, and execute all external financial statement audits
- Ensure journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis as well as year-end processes for reporting, regulatory filings, and supporting audits are completed within prescribed timelines
- Create and enforce standards for the financial close processes and workflows; evaluate and diagnose current system processing issues, propose and implement solutions, support existing automation projects and continuously drive improvement
- Develop, define, and enforce clearly documented policies and procedures including process design, operating procedures, governance, templates, and training materials
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the Company’s ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) disclosure practices
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate is a senior financial leader who brings a minimum of 10+ years of progressive financial leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- University degree preferably in finance or business with an accounting designation (CPA, CA) and/or an MBA with a strong working knowledge of IFRS. Public company experience and/or experience scaling a company with an international footprint through high growth is desirable
- Disciplined, metrics-driven and bring demonstrated insight regarding the meaning of financial data as it relates to the operations of a business and a proven track record in building and implementing controls and reporting systems that provide outstanding financial and managerial reports for decision-making purposes
- A confident and mature leader with a positive attitude and a winning spirit, capable of leading, motivating, and inspiring others and developing a high performance finance team
- Highly organized, manages time well, takes responsibility for assigned tasks and shows initiative to suggest improvements to systems, processes, and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and adept at explaining complex ideas and concepts in simple terms and ensuring open lines of communication throughout the organization
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization confidently and effectively and to build strong working relationships in a team-oriented, deadline driven environment
- Understand what needs to be done to continue to mature the organization’s financial acumen and processes
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 240+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2022!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: All interviews will be conducted using Zoom. We believe everyone should get to work from a location that suits their job and lifestyle the best, whether that is at home, in office, or a hybrid.
Something looks off?