Senior Solutions Advisor
This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely. #LI-Remote
About the role:
The Solution Advisory team’s mandate is to instill domain, product and solutioning expertise within the Sales organization. Supporting the entire Sales organization, the Solution Advisory team works with Sales enablement in supporting the enablement of the sales team, Marketing to create quality collateral, and with the Sales managers on larger, complex and/or strategic sales opportunities. This role will be pivotal in supporting the Sales team. You will help progress Vena towards becoming the industry-leading Planning and Analysis vendor and directly impact Vena growth and revenue targets.
What you will do:
- Work as a key supporting member of the team supporting sales and marketing activities to drive software sales
- Provide advisory services on individual prospect opportunities, in partnership with Solution Consultants (SCs) and the Sales Managers (xSMs), where there is additional complexity or strategic importance that requires specialty knowledge
- Partner with the Sales enablement team around content creation and training delivery for xSMs and SCs
- Partner with Marketing team to:
- Develop strategies and messaging to communicate Vena’s value proposition
- Provide subject matter and domain expertise in order to create sales supporting marketing content
- Willing and enthusiastic to share expertise with others, including documentation and content creation
- Support, coach & mentor SCs as they engage with prospective customers to uncover business process challenges, clarify complex business requirements and deliver Vena product presentations
- Contribute to cross-functional company initiatives (e.g. Product roadmap/feature design, Vena Paths)
- Other duties, as assigned
Does this sound like you?:
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Finance/Accounting and/or software implementation and sales experience
- 5+ years implementation/professional services experience at a Corporate Performance Management (CPM) vendor and/or 3rd party Implementation / Reseller partner is required;
- Strong grasp of all the types business processes that Vena Solutions implements (i.e. budgeting, planning, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting and consolidations), with deep expertise within at least 2 business processes
- Strong business acumen and understanding of multiple industries’ budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes, such as manufacturing, higher-ed, banking, insurance, etc.; with deep expertise within at least 2 industries
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 240+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2022!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: All interviews will be conducted using Zoom. We believe everyone should get to work from a location that suits their job and lifestyle the best, whether that is at home, in office, or a hybrid.
Something looks off?