Digital Marketing Specialist
Term: 3 Years
The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to the Manager, Marketing and Communications Velocity Campus and be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of all Velocity social media and digital accounts as well as actively providing marketing support as required. They will create and distribute content optimized for our social media and digital platforms (websites, newsletters and communities) and support the work of the marketing and communications team in the planning, development, execution and evaluation of content and strategies to enhance our public reach, community engagement and reputation. The Digital Marketing Specialist also provides guidance and evaluation to Velocity for leveraging their social media, digital and marketing initiatives.
Planning, Communication and Content Creation
- Plan, develop, coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content such as website, social media, newsletters, blogs, press releases, infographics, videos etc
- Manage all Digital properties – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Wordpress sites, Discord, Mailchimp and others as required
- Write, edit, create, manage and schedule social media and digital related content aligned with Velocity’s strategic goals and objectives
- Create visual assets (e.g. Photography, video) for social media and digital
- Develop and manage the digital and marketing support content calendar and work in collaboration with Velocity partners to ensure content reflects and supports key initiatives/campaigns
- Develop and manage campaigns in collaboration with other Velocity and Faculty communicators
- Conduct environmental scans and competitive analyses
- Manage and contribute to a library of shared content
- Collaborates with Velocity Marketing and Communications Manager to support key objectives, brand reputation and messaging
Collaboration and Outreach
- Work closely with all stakeholders to enable them to promote, protect and enhance their reputation on social media and digital platforms
- Attend key events and generate content (live coverage, photos, videos, etc.) to engage the Velocity community (including alumni and prospective students) in meaningful and impactful ways
- Network with University colleagues involved with social media to share best practices and content, as applicable
- Support and educate colleagues managing social media accounts which includes account management (e.g. creation, access and termination of accounts)
Social Media and Digital Monitoring
- Using technology, monitoring online communities, student blogs and other social media platforms to identify content that may need to be addressed due to reputational risk, as well as identifying emerging trends
- Ensure responsiveness on platforms as questions/comments arise
- Track and measure campaigns impact, present findings and make recommendations to various colleagues/stakeholders
- Develop and monitor ROI and KPIs
- SEO, campaign tracking and insights
- Ensure excellence and consistency in social media and digital communications
- Provide reports with data to demonstrate reach and impact of social media and digital initiatives
- Remain current on issues, trends, technologies, demands and approaches in digital marketing to determine and advise on implementing new initiatives as applicable
- Develop and align social media and digital strategies with University and legislated standards, guidelines and policies
- Ensure the Velocity and University of Waterloo branding standards are maintained and that messaging and style guidelines are consistent in all social media, digital and marketing communications
- Writes and produces original content to support Velocity priorities and deliverables in alignment with the Velocity marketing and communications plan
- Supports marketing and events team with digital streaming, content creation and capture
- Works closely with Velocity Marketing Manager to develop key messages for marketing communication materials in all media formats – print, web, email and social media – to promote Velocity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience preferably in communications, marketing, media studies, advertising, business
- 3+ years of social media, digital management and marketing experience
- Project management experience
- Skilled designer experienced with creative design software, videography/editing, photography and digital content creation
- Skilled writer and editor
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online communities, social media and digital platforms (Mailchimp, Wordpress, Airtable, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Velocity and the University of Waterloo as a whole, as well as understanding the unique community that is UWaterloo, is an asset
- Ability to eﬀectively communicate information and ideas through creative content, written and verbal format; and build and maintain internal and external relationships
- A tactical, self-starter that can work under minimal supervision and navigate multiple relationships and audiences
- Efficient in optimizing digital content and analyzing outcomes for success
- Skilled in managing programs and projects to meet milestones and deliverable objectives
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud design software, Canva, Video editing software, social media management tools, Wordpress, google analytics, SEO, lead generation, etc.
- Keen sense of responsive stakeholder service
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Vaccination Requirement Statement
All employees and students of the University of Waterloo are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation, in order to come to campus. You can provide proof of vaccination or apply for an accommodation on our Campus Check-in website. For more information, please refer to the University of Waterloo website: Vaccination Requirement.
The University of Waterloo is committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
The University values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. The University regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. The University of Waterloo seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Waterloo is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 519-888-4567, ext. 45935.