Head of Alliances - EMEA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Our Alliances and Channels Team is looking for a Head of Alliances, EMEA to manage and grow the partner ecosystem to drive new business jointly with Varicent sales teams. This role will develop, execute and track the EMEA partner strategy that drives revenue growth while working collaboratively with internal organizations including Sales, Services, Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Success. We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of alliances management and sales, as well as, how to support the needs of a fast-growing business.
What you will do:
- Execute the development of the EMEA partner strategy to align to the global Enable, Engage, Ensure Alliance & Channels strategy, delivering consistent revenue and services impact to Varicent’s business
- Management of all facets of the EMEA alliance partnerships from product alignment to GTM planning and execution
- Development and management of a comprehensive quarterly and annual business development plan with sponsorship and participation from all stakeholders (internal and external), including sales management and partner leaders
- Team with Partners and Varicent Sales to identify new opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities, marketing events and target account selling strategies. Leverage Varicent Marketing as necessary.
- Be an evangelist across the company to ensure awareness, collaboration and understanding of the overall value that EMEA partners contribute to Varicent.
- Collaborates with and shares best practices with other regional partner leads and stakeholders.
- Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners and align them to Varicent goals.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking, program management and execution skills
- Demonstrated track record developing and managing strategic partnerships and driving partner account activity.
- Previous alliances and/or sales experience
- Experience working with GSIs (Deloitte, Accenture, Cap Gemini, etc)
- Fluent in French a plus
- 12+ years of related experience.
- 25%+ travel
- 1-3 Months-
- Understand Varicent portfolio, value prop to the market, sales tools and resourced you’ll be utilizing
- Gain a strong understanding of SPM space and the business challenges that Varicent solves
- Start building relationships with key people at Varicent
- Meet with current key partners in the region and start understanding their business and building relationships; create business plans with them
- -Develop and execute a partner strategy for key partners in your region based on discussions with your manager; include a recruitment plan
- -Work to develop and drive GTM activities
- -Create dashboards for key EMEA partner metrics
- 4-6 Months-
- Have built key relationships with partners and developed a collaborative working relationship
- Successfully recruit and onboard any new partners that are required in your region
- Implement performance measures and cadence calls with partners
- Work with partner success to ensure that partners are effectively trained and are delivering successful projects
- 7 Months & beyond-
- Be seen as a well-versed, trusted business advisor (internally and externally), making a significant positive impact company-wide
- -Achieve KPIs, including partner influenced, sourced leads, co-selling, high customer satisfaction with SI partner implementations,
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact