Senior Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Our Product team’s core mission is to delight customers and grow revenue by creating evidence-based product strategies that identify new products, features, and services. We passionately seek to understand customers’ perspective, are business savvy, have a bias toward data-driven action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. This will be a fast-paced and influential role where you will help us shape both the product and the company’s future.
If you are passionate about building products that solve challenging business problems and collaborating with a diverse team of amazing product managers, designers and developers – read on!
The Senior Product Manager, Reporting under the direction of VP of Product Management, is primarily responsible for defining product strategy and solutions through customer and market research. You will define a strategic roadmap for your product area that’s aligned with customer needs and business needs. You will work in collaboration with Design and Engineering, to deliver quality software that solve user pain points.
What you will do:
- Develop an understanding of customer needs and desires through user research and other quantitative/qualitative analysis, turning insights into a product that delights our customers
- Work closely with product management and development leadership to handle running the day to day project planning, requirements gathering and status updates
- Define strategic roadmap in your product area based on customer research and business needs
- Manage technology and development partnerships as needed
- Work with Design and Development teams to scope functional requirements that fulfill customer desires and business needs
- Identify and track key metrics associated with the success of the product/features, and communicate product performance to the rest of the organization through the product life cycle
- Coordinate with other business functions for product launch and implementation, including developing adoption plans, ensuring operational readiness, and any other launch requirements
- Develop expertise in their focus area, and keeping on top of constantly changing competitor and industry trends
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Previous experience with incentives, sales performance and/or CRM solutions
- Demonstrates high levels of emotional intelligence with the ability to collaborate and work with different personality types effectively.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Customer-centric – ability to empathize with customers and understand their needs at every stage of the product development.
- Expert working knowledge of the design thinking approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate technology and value.
- Strong quantitative and business analysis skills.
- Within 1 months, you will:
- Ramp up on Incentives functionality and key company business drivers
- Understand top pain points in your product area
- Have a good overview of the market, the customers, and the user personas
- Within 3 months, you will:
- Have developed or refined the product strategy for your area of ownership, and outlined approach for execution
- Communicated and advocated for your point of view and received buy-in from stakeholder and relevant executives.
- Developed and communicated roadmap for your product area
- Within 6 months, you will:
- Have enabled the wider organization on functionalities and product direction
- Be sought out as the domain expert for your product area
- Have contributed to refining and improving the Product Management team’s culture and practice
- Within 1 year, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate the success of your work through product metrics
- Fostered trust in the wider organization, and reliably enabled all teams (Engineering, Education, Marketing, Professional Services, Sales etc) with products you have defined.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact