Partner Success Director
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
The Partner Success Director will optimize enablement for our partner ecosystem throughout the lifecycle, from onboarding, through to mastery, with a goal to maximize go-to-market strategies, across partner business models to deliver success outcomes. Must have a desire to simplify our partners’ end-to-end enablement engagement by delivering a strategy that motivates, leads, and drives our field and partner ecosystem to accelerate their business with Varicent, and ultimately unleashes partner productivity and profitability. The role requires a balance between strategy, big picture thinking, operational excellence, and rigor in executing on business priorities. This role will report to the VP, Alliances & Channels and will work with a global team.
What you will do
- Own the end-to-end global partner enablement as well as the partners learning lifecycle in partnership with the Varicent Services, Sales Enablement and Education teams to ensure partner success.
- Work with Varicent Alliances team to understand partner needs, strategies, operational maturity and business goals and establish targeted enablement plans in order to build strong sales and technical competencies within partner's organization
- Manage partner escalation process for all partner implementation projects, enablement or other technical needs
- Roll-out and manage Expert Services program.
- Working with the team, across the organization and with key stakeholder, become an evangelist for partner enablement, exceed satisfaction across all our offerings both internally and externally.
- Engage Varicent partners to understand patterns in partner knowledge gaps and provide thought leadership for proposed training plans and curriculum
- Coordinate workshops and trainings with partners for maintaining a good understanding of the latest product releases and updates, new products, and product / sales messaging
- Identify, address and provide solutions for any issues that could affect partner enablement
- Work with Varicent Services, Sales Enablement and Education teams to create or refine existing enablement materials
- Be a voice for the partner team and the partners. Create a feedback process focused on enhancing the partner experience and product offerings
- Develop new programs based upon company goals and initiatives.
- Listen, collect and apply feedback from partners to shape the program
- Constantly evaluate and refine partner enablement approach based on business needs
- Own, manage, measure and report on all associated partner enablement metrics and KPIs.
- Provide technical coverage to technology partnership initiatives including working with development and product team to fulfill necessary requirements
- Provide demo support and enablement on all products for new partners, new features / functionality, presentations to high level contacts at GSIs, etc.
- 1-3 Months
- Learn and get familiar with our systems, tech stack, and business strategic initiatives.
- Complete a review of our partner enablement paths and participate in all partner enablement.
- Meet the cross functional team and key partner contacts.
- Orient yourself with Varicent’s delivery methodology, documentation, key deliverables and scoping methodology.
- Learn how to demo all Varicent products.
- Create objectives and KPIs.
- 4-6 Months
- Be the go-to for the partner community on all enablement and project escalations.
- Begin to add your own expertise and ideas to enhance the partner experience.
- Ensure the expert services program is fully implemented.
- 7 Months & beyond
- Analyze metrics to gauge success of the program.
- Evolve and grow the partner success function.
What you will bring:
- College Degree or equivalent educational background; Masters degree a plus
- 12+ years experience in a client-facing role, preferably with experience in professional services and/or solution consulting
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery models
- SPM / ICM expertise is critical to this role
- Strong customer / partner facing skills
- Experience with deploying or supporting enterprise software strongly preferred, especially in a SaaS environment
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to foster credibility with a technical audience
- Ability to set and communicate expectations
- Strong judgment with the proven ability to balance growth, retention and profitability business goals against operational constraints and risk
- Travel possible (10% to 20%); Limited travel to Europe may be possible.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact