Technical Account Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Varicent’s Customer Success team is actively seeking a Technical Account Manager with an analytic mindset and a keen focus on data. The dedicated TAM will partner with a portfolio of customers to achieve long-term goals, while developing strong relationships, and adapting to our evolving product offerings. The successful candidate will coach and enable their client contacts on technical needs, new feature adoption, encourage model optimization, and facilitate the extension of the existing VIP agreement. This role was created to support client’s varying and unique technical needs during every stage of their software lifecycle journey.
What you will do:
- Assume the role of expert and specialist, trusted with the responsibility of managing and nurturing your designated client portfolio.
- Review impact of new features and fixes and assess those against customers organizational needs
- Assist in configuring Varicent specific solutions based on customer requirements as requested
- Generate and communicate monthly performance and support metric reports
- Analyse usage data and metrics to identify remedial actions required
- Help implement remedial actions for proactive maintenance
- Support other team members by troubleshooting errors, bugs & technical hurdles and advising on best practice for optimizations - upskilling the team in the process
- Take initiative in identifying growth opportunities
- Collaborate with our team to achieve sustainable project and product growth
- Work with internal stake holders to review change management process and propose future state where possible
- 1-3 Months:
- Candidate should be familiar with company culture, policies, and internal systems. Training and onboarding should be complete. Candidate will learn the various sources to obtain information. Begin client and CSM introductions. Participation in team meetings and events.
- 4-6 Months:
- Candidate should be able to manage their clients fairly independently and adhere to the VIP program. Candidate will begin to prioritize their own work and demonstrate problem resolution, personal growth, and adaptability.
- 7 Months & beyond:
- Candidate will be given a full client portfolio. After 12 months should be able to perform all duties of a TAM, including performing a complete Annual Health Check
What you will bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in IT Consulting, Enterprise Software Implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or a related business discipline
- Prior experience with Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Technical data skills including strong experience with SQL, data manipulation, Microsoft Excel
- Time management: organize work schedules ensuring deadlines are always met
- Strong business communication skills
- Experience in gathering and interpreting requirements and matching those with product capabilities
- Ability to empathize with customers and understand their needs at every stage of the software lifecycle
- Initiative and ability to work with minor oversight
- Ability to adapt to evolving and changing processes
- Preferred: Hands on experience of Varicent software products (Administering, implementing, and/or supporting)
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact