Dir, Global Customer Education
Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
We are seeking a visionary and experienced Director of Digital Learning and Global Customer Education who will be responsible for devising the strategy, development and execution of global digital customer education programs through the use of AI and other technologies. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and Customer Success leadership to drive product adoption and customer self-sufficiency. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for transforming digital learning programs to join a company that strives to push the boundaries of conventional thinking.
What you will do:
- Strategy & Leadership:
- Inspire and lead the development and execution of a comprehensive digital education strategy aligned with Varicent’s mission and goals.
- Identify key priorities, initiatives, and long-term plans to drive the digital education function forward.
- Develop, manage and report on processes and programs which support design and implementation of scalable learning content.
- Capture and share best practices to ensure continuous improvement of our digital education programs.
- Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders to identify enablement needs and develop effective customer education programs.
- Curriculum and Content Development:
- Design a thoughtful approach to learner specific curricula as well as stand-alone courses as part of the Technical Training portfolio. This will include on-the-job, instructor-led, eLearning, and virtual solutions.
- Embed a consistent and deep focus on the learner experience, ensuring that all learning content is deeply engaging to the end user.
- Create a strategy which leverages ai and other technologies in the creation of content and instructional materials.
- Become knowledgeable of our product features and technology, customer use of our products, partner requirements and integrations between our products and other systems.
- Professional Development & Training:
- Conduct needs assessments, develop digital learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
- Support the management of technical training delivered in the Learning Management System (LMS) including content, input, and scheduling of technical skills training courses.
- Create and maintain certification records on trained personnel including content, attendance, course completion, and certifications.
- Assessment and Evaluation:
- Review and assess all current learning and development programming / systems / tools / processes and implement both strategic and tactical improvements.
- Analyze learning data, including course evaluations, assessments, and performance metrics, to generate insights and recommendations for program improvement.
- Establish and implement strategies to evaluate the impact of digital education initiatives on accelerating customer self-sufficiency.
- Ensure compliance with accessibility standards, data privacy regulations, and copyright guidelines in the development and use of digital educational content.
- Create effective cross-functional relationships with other functional leaders and teams to ensure a collaborative, customer-focused approach to education, digital enablement world-wide.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Product and Engineering to ensure training content is up-to-date with the latest feature releases and relevant to our growing customer base needs.
- 1-3 Months :
- Learn and get familiar with our systems, tech stack and business strategic initiatives
- Establish operational objectives and project plans to deliver digital training programs
- Complete a comprehensive review of our education offerings
- Create reporting of best in class digital training metrics and KPIs necessary to measure performance and optimize customer experience.
- 4-6 Months:
- Implement strategic programs for digital training including: methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Drive program backlog aligned with key business and customer priorities
- Lead the use of ai and other technology in development and delivery of training to improve speed and efficiency
- 7 Months & Beyond:
- Analyze data to gauge success throughout the program
- Refine training approach, materials and team to drive new product adoption
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s required, Masters in training development, adult education or related field highly desirable, or 10 + years developing & delivering Technical Training.
- 5+ years in digital/customer education, instructional design, or education technology leadership roles. (SAAS experience is preferred).
- 3+ years of People Leadership experience.
- In-depth knowledge of digital learning technologies, online teaching and learning pedagogies, and emerging trends in educational technology (including AI).
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment building strategy & processes from the ground up.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom-based, self-guided, and virtual training.
- Experience applying behavioral, performance, and learning best practices and theories.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement digital education strategies and initiatives at scale.
- Experience working in a global organization where interaction across geographies, functions, and business units is key to success, including managing the creation of learning solutions in multiple languages.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact