Cloud Operations Engineer (Remote)
Varicent Software Incorporated
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers; as well as Development, Design, Architecture, and Quality Assurance teams to implement and support new features and enhancements to the Incentive Compensation Management product. You will be contributing and guiding the technical work on the services supporting Incentive Compensation Management pipeline. The team will also be entrusting you with reviewing and improving our processes to increase the quality of the service.
Join a high-performing team in a growth stage tech company that is working to continuously reflect and improve on how we make software. The Cloud Operations Team values high levels of technical competency and the ability to react quickly and come up with solutions to the challenges of a rapidly growing team.
What you will do
- IN THE SHORT TERM (1-3 MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Be trained on our tech stack and join a squad of cloud engineers to support, optimize and improve our production environments.
- Follow standard procedures to handle and resolve requests for the Cloud Operations team.
- IN THE MEDIUM TERM (3-8 MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Work with application teams to automate application setup, deployment and configuration changes.
- Provide technical solutions to automate processes or functions to improve business operations.
- Continually monitor and tune application infrastructure to assure optimal performance, availability, and utilization of resources.
- Work with the Architecture, Development, and Quality Assurance teams and contribute to the technical planning of upcoming features in the next release.
- IN THE LONG TERM (8+ MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Be the subject matter expert for the new features you've built or enhancements you've implemented and propagate your knowledge throughout the team.
- Lead technical discussions and design for new projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process change in the team, and work with stakeholders to improve operations workflows.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience with 3+ years of professional experience in a DevOps role.
- Experience in systems administration of Linux, Windows, and network systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Experience in automation and software development, with proficiency in one of more programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++, PL/SQL, etc.).
- Experience with developing on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure.
- Has previously worked on a client-facing product or service that is in production.
- A track record of being able to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge in automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact
See more open positions at Varicent Software Incorporated
Something looks off?