Varicent Software Incorporated
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Our Professional Services team strives to be the best provider in the SPM space through a focus on Trust, Reliability and a Customer First approach. As the largest customer facing organization at Varicent, it is our responsibility to ensure that our clients feel supported, empowered, and appreciated. Consistently going above and beyond is a difference maker and rooted in each decision we make.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our Professional Services team. From discovery to project completion, you will lead project teams to execute and guide our clients through their implementation experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage the overall software implementation lifecycle of a project ensuring compliance with existing and future implementation standards.
- Provide leadership and management of project resources including Varicent, client and partner resources.
- Build and maintain a strong referenceable customer relationship with the customer's management and project teams.
- Monitor and document project status; anticipates problems and resolves them or escalates them to appropriate level of management for resolution.
- Manage project financials including budget, invoicing, forecasting and project profitability.
- Works collaboratively with other internal departments (i.e. R&D, Customer Support, Education, etc.) to properly leverage resources to address customer needs.
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as able based on COVID-19 accessibility
- Participate in new hire training and education
- Orient yourself with Varicent delivery methodology and key deliverables
- Have a good overview of the market, the customers, and the user personas
- Be assigned your first Professional Services project
- Manage all aspects of small to medium implementation projects following the Varicent Implementation Methodology
- Be responsible for scope, execution, resourcing, budget, scheduling, client, communication etc on your assigned projects
- Complete project Health and Status Reports and report status back to Varicent Services Management
- Increase familiarity with key Varicent modules
- Manage medium-to-large scale implementation projects
- Participate in knowledge-sharing sessions within your immediate and broader teams
- Mentor new hires on product implementation and project methodology
- Stay up-to-date on product improvements
- Consistently deliver Implementation Projects on-time, and within budget
- Provide quality control over delivered work by yourself and other team members
- Present a project success presentation to the larger Professional Services organization
- Be able to demonstrate the success of your work through customer feedback and internal feedback
Within 1 month, you will:
Within 3 months, you will:
Within 6 months, you will:
Within 1 year, you will:
What you'll bring:
- 5 to 7 years managing complex Enterprise Projects / Programs
- Previous experience managing implementations in SaaS environment considered strong asset
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related business discipline
- PMP and/or Agile certified
- Experience implementing Enterprise Applications using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Excellent project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and resource management skills.
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills
- Solid comprehension of databases, web applications and SaaS solutions
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel
- Multilingual skills are a plus (Spanish, Arabic, French and/or Japanese)
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact
See more open positions at Varicent Software Incorporated
Something looks off?