Varicent Software Incorporated
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
At Varicent, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Varicent employees brings to our workplace each and every day. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Varicent? Visit https://www.varicent.com/company/careers
Varicent is looking for a highly motivated Associate Seller to join the fast-growing sales organization in North America. This is a great opportunity to accelerate your sales career in cutting edge software technology. Utilizing a multi-channel approach you will uncover business opportunities and grow the pipeline.
What you will do:
- You will engage C-level decision-makers in conversations focused on solving business pains in Sales Performance Management
- You will leverage marketing efforts to target decision-makers and influencers
- You will qualify prospects using the MEDDICC methodology
- You will develop and maintain long-term business relationships
- You will take a team selling approach and act as the first point of contact, introducing key internal stakeholders as appropriate in order to drive the sales process and provide value to the prospect.
- You will have attention to detail in tracking all sales activity in Salesforce with excellent data hygiene
What you will bring:
- You have experience in identifying and qualifying prospects and ensuring penetration of all target accounts in your territory
- You have the skill to determine, prospect and nurture suitable target accounts and uncover business opportunities using calling, email and social media.
- You have the ability to build consistent new pipeline
- You are committed to stay current with industry/sector trends
- You have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment and prove yourself
- Previous experience in software sales is required
- Business proficiency in English required, a second language is a plus.
Within 1 to 12 months, you will:
- Within 1 month, you will:
- Ramp up on the personas we work with in the Sale Performance Management space.
- Have a good overview of the market, the customers, and the user personas.
- Have a good understanding of the sales tech stack and can start making outbound activities.
- Within 3 months, you will:
- Fully understand the personas and their pain points
- Activity levels are high and consistent.
- Be able to prospect and navigate accounts.
- Developing pipeline opportunities.
- Consistently meeting KPIs.
- completion of Varicent accelerated sales training VAST (takes 30 days).
- Work with team with call shadowing and role-plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Educate yourself on our business model, outbound selling motion, and outreach by working with your RSM directly.
- Within 6 + months, you will:
- You are a high contributor to pipeline.
- Have a solid understanding of Varicent and the sales performance management space.
- The ability to contribute to our messaging to assure we’re constantly relevant.
- Within 10+ months, you will:
- High performer within the Business Development organization, consistently meeting KPIs.
- Built an internal network to leverage for career advancement.
Benefits & Perks:
- A great way to accelerate your sales career.
- Very competitive pay.
- Start-up culture.
- Social and team-building events.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact
See more open positions at Varicent Software Incorporated
Something looks off?