Senior Associate (Toronto)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Valence’s mission is to help the world work better, together with our first-to-market gen AI leadership and team coaching platform for F500 enterprises. We are only looking for high performing, driven, curious, and high ownership professionals to come join us in the next phase of building Valence.
Pioneered Gen-AI Coaching: Launched our groundbreaking AI product to market in just 2 months, swiftly concluding our beta in 8 weeks. We're ahead and accelerating.
Unmatched B2B Speed: Sealed our first AI enterprise deal in 60 days, outpacing the standard 9-month cycle. The elite queue up for us.
Masters in Enterprise SaaS Sales: Our tools were a staple in F500s like ExxonMobil and Coca Cola before we even completed venture funding. We set the standard.
Humanizing AI Like No Other: Our AI coach offers unparalleled, intimate interactions that nurture growth at work. We’re a trusted, human-like partner to our users.
Hyper-Growth Innovators: We excel in rapid, experimental progress, learning and evolving faster than anyone else.
Elite Problem-Solvers: Our team, drawn from the top 1% with backgrounds in McKinsey and Bridgewater, tackles the toughest problems.
Featured in the Harvard Business Review (as “Shift”) and supported by world-class thinkers and leaders like Prasad Setty (Google) and William McNabb (Vanguard).
As a Sr. Associate you will be primarily leading special projects across the entire business that can be significant unlocks for Valence’s continued growth. This role will incubate new ideas, become embedded in functions temporarily and act as an internal consultant, depending on what is required. This role will be leveraging the skills of strategic thinking, project management, analytics working directly with our leaders building a cutting-edge AI product. This role is crucial in addressing key drivers of our business growth this year, helping to ensure we can achieve product market fit with our AI product and hit our 2024 revenue targets. We seek a talented, data-savvy generalist, experienced in Consulting or Investment Banking, to join our high-performing team and drive Valence's business growth.
Please kindly note that this is not an entry level position.
Location and Work Environment
This is a hybrid role; the candidate must be based in Toronto, balancing work-from-home and the ability to work in-office 2 - 3 times a week in the Spadina and Queen area. We are a globally distributed team accommodating ET and PT time zones. Candidates must be comfortable to travel, as needed, for quarterly co-working and have valid ID/passports. Candidates must not have any restrictions on their North American travel.
What You'll Do
- Consult on, and embed in, various parts of the business (Sales, CS, Product and PeopleOps) to address acute strategic challenges.
- Design and execute on projects end to end, delivering on outcomes in an agile way.
- Leverage data and insights to provide key insights to leaders on core business challenges.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual processes and optimize our operational efficiency.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-4 years of professional experience in consulting, private equity, investment banking or fast-paced B2B startup.
- Problem-solving abilities. Ability to diagnose a variety of problems, break them down, and solution in an impactful way.
- Analytical abilities. Comfort with data manipulation and visualization to communication key insights in a value-added way.
- Exceptional communication skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to adjust styles to the audience.
- High-velocity execution. Rapidly translate ideas and strategies into the right outcomes, adapting to changing circumstances.
- Strong collaboration. Proven ability to collaborate with busy leaders at all levels, including the C-Suite, to drive initiatives forward.
- Strong organizational abilities. Proven ability to keep the moving parts of many workstreams on track; natural attention to the small details that make for great experiences.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and resilient. Highly motivated and self-driven, with a strong desire to exceed expectations. A natural sense of urgency and not easily deterred by roadblocks.
- Growth mindset. Willingness to embrace challenges, experiment and continuously learn through high-quality feedback and new workstreams.
- Passion for our size and stage. Clear motivations for wanting to join an early-stage sales team, pre-PMF, focused on our themes of organizational psychology, teams, culture, leadership.
- Ownership of projects and strategic priorities regardless of seniority in our learning-focused environment.
- Frequent, tailored coaching and feedback sessions with managers deeply invested in your professional growth and development (1:1s, development feedback and more).
- Strong ties to the executive team, a culture of transparency and engagement with strategic decisions.
- Options from day one, which means you will be on the ownership track right away.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision) from day 1.
- Virtual doctor and mental health services from day 1.
- Provision of anything you need to be successful - learning tools, hardware, office equipment, software.
- Generous PTO, company-wide R&R shutdowns and paid leave for parents.
- A WFH stipend, phone stipend and merch merch merch.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where our team members, vendors, contractors and beyond feel valued and supported. We know that our commitment to inclusion and belonging enables us to do our best work overall. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out - Allison Langille, Head of People firstname.lastname@example.org.