Senior Associate (GTM)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Valence’s mission is to help the world work better, together. Our digital platform scales developmental moments ranging from team health conversations, working style discussions, and leadership coaching. Valence works with leading Fortune 500 clients like Nestle, Coca Cola, Bristol Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, ServiceNow and more.
Valence has now built one of the first generative AI coaching products, transforming traditional learning and development in some of the world's largest companies. Our AI-powered leadership coach, Nadia, acts as a valuable partner, aiding leaders in real-time work situations.
Our expert team at Valence is pushing AI boundaries, developing impactful solutions that revolutionize the L&D industry. Having secured substantial Series A funding from Insight Partners, a leading US firm, we have been recognized in the Harvard Business Review on the future of leadership development (as "SHIFT").
As a Sr. Associate on our Go-to-Market (GTM) team, you will lead sales ops, analytics, and lead generation initiatives for our cutting-edge AI product. This role is crucial in reshaping our sales and marketing strategies, aiming to achieve our 2024 revenue targets. We seek a talented, data-savvy generalist, experienced in Consulting or Investment Banking, to join our high-performing team and drive Valence's business growth.
Please kindly note that this is not an entry level position.
Location and Work Environment
This is a hybrid role; the candidate must be based in Toronto, balancing work-from-home and the ability to work in-office 2 - 3 times a week in the Spadina and Queen area. We are a globally distributed team accommodating ET and PT time zones. Candidates must be comfortable to travel, as needed, for quarterly co-working and have valid ID/passports. Candidates must not have any restrictions on their North American travel.
What You'll Do
- Deeply understand our client profiles, use cases and L&D content.
- Lead strategic sales outreach approaches, leveraging different channels.
- Lead sales analysis and operations, rebuilding the processes, systems aligned with business need.
- Craft strategic communications to CHROs, VPs and CEOs in our client profile to generate new business and relationships.
- Aid in the strategic development and execution of marketing and sales campaigns, tracking their performance and reporting on key metrics.
- Provide strategic insights and data to AEs, and leadership team as it relates to sales and marketing initiatives.
- Lead special special strategic projects in marketing and sales to experiment and learn about new approaches.
- Utilize advanced prospecting tools and techniques to gather data on potential clients and inform targeted outreach.
- Utilize and own CRM tools (Hubspot and Salesforce) to track interactions and lead progression effectively.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-4 years of professional experience in consulting, private equity, investment banking or fast-paced B2B startup.
- Problem-solving abilities. Ability to diagnose a variety of problems, break them down, and solution in an impactful way.
- Analytical abilities. Comfort with data manipulation and visualization to communication key insights in a value-added way.
- Exceptional communication skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to adjust styles to the audience.
- High-velocity execution. Rapidly translate ideas and strategies into the right outcomes, adapting to changing circumstances.
- Strong organizational abilities. Proven ability to keep the moving parts of many workstreams on track; natural attention to the small details that make for great experiences.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and resilient. Highly motivated and self-driven, with a strong desire to exceed expectations. A natural sense of urgency and not easily deterred by roadblocks.
- Growth mindset. Willingness to embrace challenges, experiment and continuously learn through high-quality feedback and new workstreams.
- Passion for our size and stage. Clear motivations for wanting to join an early-stage sales team, pre-PMF, focused on our themes of organizational psychology, teams, culture, leadership.
- Ownership of projects and strategic priorities regardless of seniority in our learning-focused environment.
- Frequent, tailored coaching and feedback sessions with managers deeply invested in your professional growth and development (1:1s, development feedback and more).
- Strong ties to the executive team, a culture of transparency and engagement with strategic decisions.
- Options from day one, which means you will be on the ownership track right away.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision) from day 1.
- Virtual doctor and mental health services from day 1.
- Provision of anything you need to be successful - learning tools, hardware, office equipment, software.
- Generous PTO, company-wide R&R shutdowns and paid leave for parents.
- A WFH stipend, phone stipend and merch merch merch.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where our team members, vendors, contractors and beyond feel valued and supported. We know that our commitment to inclusion and belonging enables us to do our best work overall. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out - Allison Langille, Head of People firstname.lastname@example.org.