Artist II - Remote
Uken is looking for a talented and experienced Artist II who is keen on applying their skills towards working on a number of exciting mobile games. We're looking for someone who loves games and is up to date on the state of the game and tech industries. You will be working directly with the game teams and designers to build interfaces and illustrated assets for cross-platform and cross-device games.
As a Ukenite, you'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Creating 2D Art and UI Art Assets
- Participating in ownership of the art in our games, from ideation to implementation
- Collaborating closely with game designers and programmers
- Working on a variety of platforms - iOS, Android, and Unity
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior artists
Your background should include:
- Minimum of 3 years of game industry art experience
- Experience working with Unity; implementing art, creating UI animations, etc.
- Impressive portfolio showcasing concept, rendering abilities and high quality UI screens
- Adaptability to work within specific styles, including those defined by other artists or art directors
- Ability to create the video games' frontend user interface, in game HUD, and additional in-game art
- Understanding of wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and familiarity with UI research
- Experience with Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Skill in creating clean and clear iconography and typography
- Familiarity with Agile work environments
- Outstanding design skills encompassing color, form, lighting, composition, anatomy, and aesthetic appeal
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
- Proficient in quick sketching and visualizing ideas based on written descriptions or discussions
- Demonstrated expertise in painting and rendering
- Skilled in character, prop, and background design
It's a big plus if you...
- Are a regular gamer with experience in a range of games
We believe in a fun & meaningful work environment:
- You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, mobile device
- Competitive salary, extended health and dental benefits and allowances
- You’ll work in a collaborative, coaching and mentoring culture
- Remote and in-person team building events and celebrations
- 4 Day Workweek and Work Anywhere work model!
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story.
We consider ourselves data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and leaves them wanting more. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly, and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
We take entertainment seriously.
Uken welcomes applications from racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, and people from gender and sexually diverse groups who would contribute to the further diversification of our team. Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation for any part of the selection process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com