VP of Sales (Marketing Technology)
Marketing & Communications, IT, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023
The VP of Sales is responsible for building, leading and managing a team of Account Executives, providing guidance, training and mentorship, setting sales quotas and goals, creating sales plans and analyzing data.
Your duties include motivating our sales team, designing strategic sales plans, and assessing costs and competition. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure activity standards are being delivered on. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results.
- Monitor and track sales individual performance, strengths and weaknesses, and be able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (performance reviews, improvement plans, etc.). Coach, develop, and mentor sales professionals to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Coach lowest performers for improvement and replace those that do not improve to basic role standards.
- Partnering with your leadership to ensure the success of your direct reports; but also working together to build a better skill set and training, distribution process and go-to-market, working with Channel, Success, Product, Marketing and the Corporate Sales organization to drive overall success.
- Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking.
- Meet with each Account Executive individually weekly to review previous weeks and month/quarter/year to date results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Continually coach and manage to improve results.
- Coordinate sales forecasting / planning and monitor to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency across the sales team.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement and work closely with sales leadership to review process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Facilitate a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Monitor Salesforce to ensure data accuracy and adherence to sales processes and programs.
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate implementation and adoption of enabling technologies. Optimize effectiveness of the team’s technology investments.
- Coordinate training programs and delivery of training sessions to the sales team.
- Improve, manage and coordinate the onboarding program for new sales reps.
- Recommend, implement and manage sales SPIFFs and incentive programs.
- Compile, distribute and monitor weekly sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports and assist in the development of new reports or reporting tools.
- Regularly interact and coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure full alignment on programs, lead generation and other joint Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- You bring 5+ years of high-performance Enterprise Sales Management.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable business results goals in a fast paced, high performance sales environment. Must demonstrate a history of quantifiable success.
- Martech experience is a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organization skills
- Proficient in use of systems and data to manage the operation to optimal efficiency and results.
- Played a key role in defining, developing and supporting a high velocity sales process.
- Worked with tools such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, Sales Navigator, 8x8, and ZoomInfo.
- Proven the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and rapidly changing environment.
- Displayed a fanatical attention to detail.
What you'll love about Uberflip:
- Great Company Culture
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Competitive Health Benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Wellness Programs including company paid counselling
- Flexible Working Hours and Remote work flexibility
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Additional Paid Health Days
- Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Learning Credits to put towards your professional development
- (Virtual) Regular Standups, Demos, and Socials to keep us aligned and connected
- And so much more!
Uberflip is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive and diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you're smart and great at what you do, come as you are.