Manager, Trust & Safety Investigations
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead the Canada Trust and Safety team. You will lead and support a team responding to time sensitive investigations, and resolving late returns, assigned fraud and criminal cases, customer disputes and any other issues that impact the safety of our community and marketplace. We look for candidates with investigations and supervisory experience, superb judgment, strong interview and communication skills, and a desire to help us build a world-class program at Turo while supporting our global community of guests and hosts sharing vehicles. You will be responsible for receiving, triaging, and assigning all requests for Trust and Safety service across the Turo community.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with our diverse and talented team while playing a key role in the success of the business. The ideal candidate has superb judgment, high initiative, and has a keen eye for details.
You will report to the Director, Insurance and will work closely with our Canada Claims team as well as the US Trust & Safety, Verification, and Fraud Prevention teams.
What you will do
- Lead and support a growing team of Trust & Safety Investigators
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members
- Independently manage and prioritize assigned caseload from start to finish with excellent follow-through
- Complete detailed investigations and execute the appropriate strategy for each case type
- Lead interviews with suspects and victims
- Coordinate all communications and instructions with external investigation partners
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to team and management to drive continuous improvement
- Work with and foster relationships with a valued network of law enforcement, external partners and investigators
- Drive customer satisfaction, employee engagement and operational excellence
- Assess team’s ability and coach toward achievement of performance goals
- 8+ years of investigations experience; preferably in vehicle crime, Fraud & Risk Management
- 4+ years of supervisory or management experience with high performing teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- High level of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work out of hours, commitment to high responsiveness and availability with a strong ability to prioritize
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with case management systems, investigative tools including social media
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humour, and a commitment to the mission
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.