Tax Information Reporting Manager
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team:
We are looking for a highly driven Tax Manager to join the team. Reporting to the head of Indirect Tax, this position will perform a wide range of tax-related functions associated with tax withholding reporting. Specifically Host earnings reporting, 1099’s, and DAC7 requirements. As a member of Turo’s tax team, you will be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of general tax reporting principles including W9 collections, 1099K requirements, and international equivalents, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. With your passion for teamwork and ambitious, proactive style, you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our Tax function, managing and facilitating Turo’s phenomenal growth rate.
What you will do:
- Manage the overall process of host tax information collection – both US and international
- Responsible for Host reporting global compliance (1099K and Intl equivalents)
- DAC7 implementation
- Work closely with product and data analytics team on data alignment
- Collaborate with customer support teams on Host education and ongoing customer support.
- Ownership and maintenance of tax information page
- Perform analysis to determine the applicability of withholding tax requirements during international expansion through M&A or organic growth
- Track and analyze worldwide tax developments on global tax reporting and assess impact on Turo’s operations
- Heavy interdepartmental coordination with many departments- product, data analytics, revenue, CS, SOS, account management, marketing and international teams
- Minimum 6+ years of tax experience with public accounting and/or multinational corporations.
- Strong technical skills in tax reporting and data management
- Experience managing high volumes of W9 collections and 1099 filings
- Experience with tax reporting tools such as Taskless, Sovos, etc
- Strong tax research and writing skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical tax requirements to a non-technical audience
Bonus if you have:
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience with technologies and systems including but not limited to NetSuite, OneSource, Alteryx, etc.
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $87,000 - $97,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.