Lead UX Quant Researcher
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the role
We are hiring a Lead UX Quant Researcher who will be the first quantitative researcher at Turo. We are excited for this person to bring a new level of discipline and expertise, elevate the impact of research, and evangelize the benefits of quantitative research. You will be joining a team of five qualitative researchers and one research operations specialist.
As the newest member of our growing research team, you will also influence the culture and vision of UX Research at Turo, and help us optimize our tools and process as we strive to execute best-in-class research and consistently deliver breakthrough insights.
What you’ll do
- Research Planning: Collaborate with UX researchers, product managers, data analysts, and designers to define research objectives, hypotheses, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for quantitative studies.
- Data Collection: Design and implement surveys, experiments, A/B tests, and other quantitative research methods to gather user insights and data.
- Data Analysis: Analyze large datasets to identify patterns, trends, and correlations that provide actionable insights into user behavior and satisfaction.
- User Segmentation: Create user segments and personas based on quantitative data to inform product strategies and personalized user experiences.
- Usability Metrics: Develop and track usability metrics, including task success rates, error rates, and task completion times.
- Competitive Analysis: Conduct competitive analysis to benchmark Turo's user experience against industry standards and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reporting: Prepare and present clear, concise, and actionable reports of research findings to stakeholders, including recommendations for product enhancements.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with UX researchers, designers, data scientists, engineers, and product managers to drive user-centered decisions and solutions.
- Continuous Learning: Stay current with industry best practices and emerging trends in quantitative user experience research to ensure Turo remains at the forefront of user-centered design.
- 6+ years of professional experience with 4 of those years of practical UX research experience with experience testing consumer software across multiple surfaces (Desktop, Mobile Web, iOS and, Android).
- Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Data Science, Statistics). PhD is a plus.
- Proven experience in quantitative user experience research, with a strong portfolio of successful projects.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis tools such as R, Python, SQL, or similar.
- Experience with survey design, usability testing, experimentation, and A/B testing.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data accuracy and validity.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment.
- Familiarity with car-sharing or mobility-related industries. is a plus.
Bonus if you have
- Masters or PhD in a relevant field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Data Science, Statistics).
- Experience conducting research for consumer marketplaces, transportation or travel.
- A passion and history of mentoring and coaching other researchers on quantitative methods.
- Has been the first quantitative researcher on a team or at an organization in the past.
- Familiarity with car-sharing or mobility-related industries.
Why you’ll love being a part of our team
- At Turo, there's no need to sell the value of user research; we're already devotees.
- We're pioneering, challenging the status quo, and always striving to try new things without fear of failure.
- We're efficient, letting data inform our decisions and prioritizing our work based on impact.
- We're supportive, always striving to connect, collaborate, and lift each other up.
- We're down-to-earth, leading confidently without arrogance, and maintaining humility in our work, our culture, and our product.
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth.
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $200,000 - $240,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.