We are looking for a Claim Supervisor to join us as part of our claims team in Phoenix, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity to help continue to grow our team and take part in a high energy work environment for a rapidly growing company with global ambitions. If you’re looking to make a real impact on an exciting part of the business, come join our team! This position reports to our Claims Manager.
What you’ll Do
- Lead and oversee a team of 5 to 8 claims associates and specialists
- Have a passion for leadership and development of people
- Identify and drive continuous improvements to our policies and procedures
- Foster a high quality work environment that inspires the team to deliver a world-class claims experience to our customers
- Collaborate with your peers, team, other leaders and our outside vendors to continue to improve results
- Hire, onboard, develop and mentor your team
- Handle escalations of difficult situations
- Meet KPIs for customer satisfaction, financial performance, and employee satisfaction
- Complete weekly pending reports and reviews
- Payment authority and coverage reviews for all team members
- Vendor management assistance and review
- Huddles, One-on-ones, and service observes
- Drive results of your team and the department
- Monthly scorecard updates and analysis
- High level decision-making
- Multitasking different projects and prioritizing at a moments notice
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 2 years experience in claims handling, including claims terminology, case study, and or underwriting
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Strong understanding of relevant data and metrics to drive results
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional personal qualities and people skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Be influential and passionate about leading and developing people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability
- Strong proficiency with technology such as: Claims Management systems, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, mobile systems. Mac expertise a plus
- State licensing, desirable (but not required)
- BA/BS preferred
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $66,000 - $85,200 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process. Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.