Motor Claims Associate
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
We have multiple positions open for Motor Claims Associates to join us as we expand our operations team in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with global ambitions in a high energy work environment. If you’re looking to make a real impact on a challenging part of the business, come join our team!
What you will do:
- Provide exceptional customer service for Turo owners and travelers
- Investigate and process auto claims filed by Turo owners and travelers
- When possible, assist Turo members in the self-resolution process
- Coordinate claims processing with Turo's third party administrator
- Collect any amounts due from renters
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement in Turo’s processes for claims handling, strive to make Turo's organization a leader in customer service and cost management
- Strongly prefer minimum of 1+ years experience in auto claims handling experience, preferably with a major auto insurance carrier or car rental company
- Will consider entry level candidates with exceptional customer service background and demonstrated interest in cars
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred. State licensing desirable
- Exceptional personal qualities and people skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability
- Strong proficiency with technology: Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, internet, mobile systems, claims management systems. Mac expertise a plus
- Bonus: Experience in balancing solutions with multiple interested parties valuable, as our two-sided marketplace counts owners, renters, third parties, and the company all as meaningful stakeholders
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.