As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
This is a rare opportunity to lead key initiatives to help transform Turo’s Operations. You will collaborate with stakeholders across Turo to deliver critical projects in Customer Support, Claims and Verification. You will conduct data analysis and perform related duties including tracking trends, noting patterns and watching to detect any irregularities to inform decision making. You will report to the Head of Operations and work closely with the Strategy Manager to make an impact on the operations of a high-growth technology company in the UK.
What you will do:
- Analyse complex data sets, come up with actionable recommendations, and share learnings with stakeholders.
- Lead the implementation of initiatives critical to scaling and improving Turo’s operations team, ranging from building and maintaining the CS forecasting model to process overhauls
- Support contract renewals and negotiations as well as software implementations with vendors within operations
- Prepare records for the monthly Claims accrual in relation to Protection and Liability to ensure accuracy in projections
- Create and monitor key metrics across CS, Claims and Verification and understand all underlying drivers
- Conduct exploratory analysis - to identify verification blocks in the checkout flow, process improvements and opportunities to improve customer experience
- Support ad-hoc analytical projects based on Turo strategic priorities.
- You are interested in technology businesses and enjoy solving challenging problems
- Strong communication skills: ability to decompose and articulate complex insights, and ask questions when things are unclear
- Bachelor’s degree in business, maths or computer science or equivalent
- At least 4+ years related experience required
- You’re well-rounded, comfortable with tackling ambiguous business problems, engaging with stakeholders and getting into the weeds of operational challenges
- You have 2+ years of management consulting experience or 4+ years’ experience in a similar role at a technology company.
- You’re an expert in a variety of analytical tools, including Excel, Tableau and SQL
- Must be intellectually curious, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
- Must have a positive attitude, high integrity, strong work ethic and a commitment to Turo’s mission
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
Something looks off?