Trust & Safety Investigator
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
Join Turo Australia as our first Trust & Safety Investigator supporting our vibrant collection of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day. In this role you will be responsible for executing processes critical to ensuring the safety and security of the Turo community and marketplace.
You will respond to, investigate, and resolve assigned risk-related cases including fraudulent activity, missing vehicles, and any other issues that affect safety. We will also expect you to help us build crucial relationships with law enforcement and other partners that can assist us in ensuring our marketplace is functioning as smoothly as possible.
We look for candidates with superb judgment, strong communication skills, and a desire to help us build a world-class Trust & Safety Investigations team at Turo.
This position will be based in Sydney and reports into our Head of Operations & Claims in our Sydney office. This is not a remote position and interested parties must reside in the Sydney area at the time of accepting any offer.
What you will do:
- Proudly be the Trust & Safety liaison for escalations from customer support, claims, leadership, and law enforcement
- Provide outstanding support to the valued members of the Turo community in Australia
- Independently manage and prioritize assigned caseload from start to finish with excellent follow-through
- Complete detailed investigations and execute the appropriate strategy for each case type; lead interviews with suspects and victims
- Develop deep understanding of risk signals, review user accounts and transactions, and consistently identify fraud and other high-risk activity
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to team and management to drive continuous improvement
- Work with and foster relationships with a valued network of law enforcement, external partners, and investigators
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by management and contribute to colleague’s projects
- 3+ years of Investigations, Trust and Safety, Loss Prevention, Fraud or Risk Management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability, strong ability to prioritize
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with Kustomer, CRM systems, Google Docs, and MS Office preferred. Mac expertise is a plus
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.