Power BI Developer
TribalScale is a global digital innovation firm that helps enterprises adapt and thrive in the digital era. Through Agile practices we build best-in-class digital products, transform digital products, and we elevate renowned startups. We are a hybrid company headquartered in Toronto with employees across North and South America. We work across a wide variety of platforms, including:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
Join us on our mission to right the future!
- Excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists
- Passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, quality-focused and a vocal participant in any group endeavor
- Committed to high impact, strategic, design- and data-driven innovation, and to making a meaningful and measurable contribution to the organizations in which you work
- Someone who strives in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engineer production-quality code to deploy these solutions on a platform specific for the client
- Enhance testing platforms, improve test automation, foster software craftsmanship
- Develop technical architecture and suggest the appropriate cloud services and frameworks to accomplish product goals
- Surprise and delight customers and partner software engineers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- Lead the identification and analysis of business requirements within the BI context to develop strategic insights.
- Formulate data models that effectively transform raw data into actionable insights.
- Utilize advanced features of Power BI to create dynamic dashboards and interactive visual reports.
- Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) with specific objectives, ensuring their regular tracking and analysis.
- Translate business needs into comprehensive technical specifications and establish realistic timetables for project completion.
- Develop, test, and deploy complex Power BI scripts, conducting efficient deep analysis to enhance data interpretation.
- Proficiently run DAX queries and functions within Power BI to extract meaningful insights.
- Create clear and comprehensive charts and data documentation, providing explanations of algorithms, parameters, models, and relationships.
- Construct and manage a robust data warehouse, utilizing SQL queries to optimize results.
- Make technological adjustments to existing BI systems to improve overall performance.
- Utilize advanced filtering and visualization techniques in Power BI to enhance data understanding.
- Analyze current ETL procedures and design and implement new systems to streamline data processing.
- 4+ years of strong background experience in BI tools and systems, with an emphasis on Power BI.
- Experience in complex data-related tasks and a deep understanding of the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Experience in data analytics and proficiency in software development.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server BI Stack tools and technologies, including SSRS, TSQL, Power Query, MDX, PowerBI, and DAX.
- Strong analytical thinking for transforming data into meaningful reports and graphics.
- Expertise in enabling row-level data security and knowledge of Power BI application security layer models.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal teams to understand and address their needs successfully.
- Working experience with an Node.js ecosystem in a production environment
- Practical knowledge of monitoring / improving and debugging applications
- Experience architecting new capabilities from the ground up following Clean Code principles
- Experience working with Redux to manage React state
- Understanding of micro-service architectures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU HERE:
- We are a diverse collective of people, and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped Ford, Recipe, McCain, Manulife, Dish Network, ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution, and now we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and that informs every facet of what we do
Grab a coffee; it’s a long list.
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Excellent group benefits (100% coverage for medical, dental and vision)
- Personal professional development budget
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- We close the office for end-of-year holidays
- Take your birthday off
- Fitness perks like ClassPass and GoodLife corporate discount
- Toronto Bike Share Program
- Online veterinarian visits through Vetster
- Mental health benefits such as subsidized counseling through Inkblot
- Work-from-home reimbursements
- Referral bonus
MEET YOUR COLLEAGUES:
- Friday demos: show off your work
- Remote activities: online contests, movie nights, group fitness and more
- Social events: Bonfires, casual drinks, sports nights and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing (no casualties yet), beach day, and more
WE HAVE, AND PROUDLY SUPPORT, A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
- TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace.
- We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- If you require accommodation during your recruitment or employment for any reason, please let us know so we can do whatever we can to accommodate you.