Senior Java SpringBoot Engineer
TribalScale is a global digital innovation firm that helps enterprises adapt and thrive in the digital era. Through Agile practices we build best-in-class digital products, transform digital products, and we elevate renowned startups. We are a fully remote company headquartered in Toronto with employees across North and South America. We work across a wide variety of platforms, including:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
Join us on our mission to right the future!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work hybrid business hours of 9:00am-5:00pm EST
- Engineer production-quality code to deploy these solutions on a platform specific for the client
- Enhance testing platforms, improve test automation, foster software craftsmanship
- Develop technical architecture and suggest the appropriate cloud services and frameworks to accomplish product goals
- Surprise and delight customers and partner software engineers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years professional experience with Java
- 5+ years of experience with Spring Boot
- 2+ years of professional experience with web frameworks with an emphasis on ReactJS
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and best practices
- Proficiency with Oracle SQL Proficiency NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Experience writing Cloud Native (12-factor) applications on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Strong commitment to Test Driven Development
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Ability to travel and work out of client offices
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
WHAT WE’D ALSO LOVE TO SEE:
- Excited about collaborating and communicating in a pair programming environment
- An understanding of generative AI’s impact on the world of today and tomorrow
- Experience as an entrepreneur, particularly in the SaaS world; we love people who’ve started their own ventures, big or small
- Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU HERE:
- We are a diverse collective of people, and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped Ford, Recipe, McCain, Manulife, Dish Network, ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution, and now we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and that informs every facet of what we do
Grab a coffee; it’s a long list.
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Excellent group benefits (100% coverage for medical, dental and vision)
- Personal professional development budget
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- We close the office for end-of-year holidays
- Take your birthday off
- Fitness perks like ClassPass and GoodLife corporate discount
- Toronto Bike Share Program
- Online veterinarian visits through Vetster
- Mental health benefits such as subsidized counseling through Inkblot
- Work-from-home reimbursements
- Referral bonus
MEET YOUR COLLEAGUES:
- Friday demos: show off your work
- Remote activities: online contests, movie nights, group fitness and more
- Social events: Bonfires, casual drinks, sports nights and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing (no casualties yet), beach day, and more
WE HAVE, AND PROUDLY SUPPORT, A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
- TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace.
- We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- If you require accommodation during your recruitment or employment for any reason, please let us know so we can do whatever we can to accommodate you.