TouchBistro is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our highly motivated Internal Systems team. This role will primarily contribute to the development & implementation of standard and custom salesforce applications by recommending approaches in line with industry best practices. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert on the technical aspects of Salesforce application & demonstrate in-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the platform.
- Interact with internal/external stakeholders to collect and understand business requirements and translate those requirements into a design/process data model in Salesforce
- Develop, Enhance, and Support highly customized applications using Apex code and Visualforce Pages and perform sandbox, unit test and data migration
- Manage applicable phases of systems implementations (e.g. configuration, customization, integration, data migration)
- Monitor operational performance, implement changes, and apply updates when required
- Document business requirements, specifications, process flows, application designs, application configuration, testing and release management
- Configure Salesforce applications in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc.
- Prepare and review documents including functional specifications, technical designs, user manuals and maintenance manuals
- Ensure data security is enforced through the use of roles, profiles, and sharing rules
- Contribute to multiple phases of systems implementations such as data conversion, configuration, integration and customization
- Proactively work with TouchBistro employees to ensure appropriate levels of support are given, problems are resolved in a timely way, and enhancements are prioritized to provide improvements that support the business
- Train internal teams to make the best use of tools and technologies
- Be proactive in keeping aware of new developments and technologies within the IT industry as a whole
All About You
- You are a Certified Salesforce.com Developer (DEV450 preferred)
- You have at least 2 years’ development experience with Salesforce.com (Apex and Visualforce)
- Extensive experience in Salesforce configuration & administration
- Hands on experience on SalesForce.com Developer Toolkit (force.com IDE), Triggers, Visual Force Pages, data migration tools and Apex classes, Controllers, SOQL and SOSL
- Familiarity with third party systems, agile project management tools, and SalesForce Applications
Nice To Have
- Development experience in Microsoft Web environment using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .Net Framework
- Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience in other development languages. i.e. Java, C#, and etc.
- Bachelor's’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solution-focused, takes initiative to work effectively within established guidelines
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Strong interpersonal relationship building and listening skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible health and wellness plan
- Parental leave & top up
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Monthly lunches
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Beautiful, brand new office space in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ)
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.