Site Reliability Engineer III
TouchBistro is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer III, to join our Technology team. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to architect, build, automate and ultimately drive change in a critical system that is the infrastructure of our customer base.
As a key player of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you are the go-to for designing and defining the networking infrastructure that connects our customers to their customers. You will design architectures, workflows, integrations and alerting around the customer networking solution to help them focus on their passion; running their restaurants. You will collaborate with multiple teams, such as the InfoSec, Customer Support and IT teams.
- Work alongside development teams and enable them to release code quickly and securely in production
- Improve system reliability through disaster recovery, high availability & fault tolerance initiatives
- Suggest & implement continuous improvements & automations for application infrastructure & security
- Improve day to day processes & reduce toil by automation.
- Participate in SRE design, reviews & best practice discussions
All About You
- You have 4+ years of experience with an in-depth knowledge of modern server-side application development (Node.js, Go preferred)
- You have the ability to lead design sessions, make architectural decisions, participate in code & design review and enforce technical standards, within the SRE team and across the organization
- You have experience & working knowledge of public cloud platforms; with focus on networking, compute & autoscaling, databases, content delivery, DNS & security best practices
- You have a solid understanding of Observability; Application performance monitoring (APM), tracing & logging.
- You have working knowledge of virtualization, containers and container orchestration (ECS, EKS/Kubernetes)
- You have a good understanding of cloud-native application architecture & delivery; with focus on scaling, load-balancing & failover.
- You have supported, effectively communicated, and obtained buy-in across teams to achieve results
- You have good understanding of RDBMS concepts & working knowledge of SQL (Postgres, MySQL)
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Company equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible health and wellness plan
- Parental leave & top up
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Monthly lunches
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Beautiful, brand new office space in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ)
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Something looks off?