Senior Software Developer (Remote)
If you’re passionate about improving the healthcare system, you bring an innovative and creative spirit to complex tasks, and you “thrive” in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ve come to the right place. Join a team that’s delivering best-in-class software to help people thrive through their healthcare journeys. On a typical workday at Thrive Health, you’ll be lending your skills cross-functionally across multiple departments, supporting our many active & exciting projects, and expanding your knowledge on the intricacies of the Canadian healthcare system.
The best part? You’ll be doing all of this alongside a growing team of smart & exceptionally friendly people who want to help you succeed, while creating dynamic, meaningful products that make healthcare better for everyone.
Plus, we offer a highly competitive and desirable benefits package, with perks such as:
- Generous vacation days
- Health and wellness spending accounts
- Continuing education benefit
- Flexibility to work from anywhere (we’re currently remote-first, but this applies beyond COVID-19)
We’re looking for talented senior software developers with experience shipping awesome web-based and mobile applications. As a member of our product development team you’ll be involved in all aspects of designing, building, and running the products that will make us succeed. While most of your time will be spent on software development, you will also be involved with testing, operations, and support as part of our frequent release cycle.
- Front-end development using React/Redux, TypeScript, CSS, HTML 5 and related technologies
- Back-end development using TypeScript (node.js)
- Writing automated tests and suggesting best testing patterns (jest, selenium)
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems and debating trade-offs between different approaches with product and dev teams
- Challenging yourself and the team to experiment with and introduce new and better technologies into the system
- Participating in iteration planning, testing, bug fixing and deploying releases
Skills & Qualifications
We are committed to supporting an environment free from systemic or direct racism or discrimination for all employees, and for applicants throughout the interview process. Thrive Health does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Thrive Health was founded in 2016 with a mission to make healthcare work better for everyone. Our products empower patients and families to play a more active role in their healthcare journeys, support providers in delivering excellent care, and enabling healthcare systems to become more efficient. We occupy a unique position in the digital health space by designing our software in partnership with leading happiness researchers and positive physiologists who understand that measuring well-being alongside physical health is essential.