Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
ThoughtExchange is the world’s most trusted engagement and survey platform for leaders who drive change and alignment. We support a diverse range of clients from top school districts across North America to Fortune 500 companies and Public Sector innovators. We’re also winners of Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers and Canada’s Top Growing Companies. Join us on our journey to accelerate change for good through inclusive problem solving!
We are looking for ambitious and creative individuals with strong communication & time-management skills to join our growing Business Development Representative (BDR) team at ThoughtExchange. As a BDR at ThoughtExchange, you'll have a direct impact on the growth of our company by seeking new business opportunities, building pipelines and developing relationships to provide value to leads. You’ll convert high-quality sales conversations into sales opportunities within existing education markets. You will work closely with our Team Lead of Business Development and Account Executives and have the opportunity for ownership and creative license to determine how best to achieve your goals and targets.
Please note: Due to the upcoming holidays, team interviews are not expected to commence until January 2024. The People Team may reach out for an initial phone screen earlier. Thank you for your interest and patience.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for business development, which includes prospecting, building, and maintaining impactful relationships with education customers
- Responsible for Lead generation including researching and approaching new clients through various channels (i.e. email, phone, video messaging, and social outreach with prospects)
- Convert inbound leads to qualified sales opportunities for Account Executives
- Conduct discovery calls to develop a strong foundation with customers and help accelerate pipeline growth
- Demonstrating confidence and tenacity when navigating school boards to connect with the person in authority
- Support the nurturing of long-term opportunities and relationships in the sales pipeline
- Support Marketing initiatives to help grow inbound opportunities and increase company profile and brand awareness
- Support our Anti-Racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives and completing all required ADEI training
What We Think Is True About You:
- Post secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Minimum 1 year of previous BDR or Sales Development Representative (SDR) work experience, preferably at a SaaS company
- Intermediate Google Suite skills
Nice to Have:
- Business or customer knowledge of the Education vertical
- Experience in lead generation, appointment setting, email content creation, using LinkedIn and social selling
- Experience working with Outreach or a similar prospecting tool
- Experience attending in-person events such as conferences to generate leads
- Experience speaking confidently to groups at external events
The hiring range for this role is $55,500.00-$65,000.00 CAD ($69,000.00 - $81,000.00 On-Target Earnings) Your specific compensation within this range is determined based on your job-related skills, knowledge, experience, and our internal equity assessment.
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out, apply and tell us more about yourself in your application. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
ThoughtExchange welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Support is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Finally, we know from time to time, emergencies happen, and you may need to reschedule an interview - we understand and encourage you to be in communication without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
What we offer:
ThoughtExchange wants to ensure our people are heard, supported, and cared for—so we invest in our employees. We're continuously asking our employees what they need to ensure we're supporting their successes in the workplace and in life. We are proud to offer our employees the following:
Benefits & Well-Being: From day one, you’ll receive a benefits package focused on health & wellness that includes a generous time off policy, flexible extended benefits plan options and company-wide Mental Health days off scheduled through the year. Our benefits package also includes maternity & parental leave top-up programs and access to Cyno, which offers personal & professional support services like career coaching & counselling.
Flexibility: We’ve been remote-first for over ten years. We’re contribution-focused, and we operate on mutual trust because we need you to feel empowered to be your best self. You know the circumstances in which you excel—where you work and how you structure your day.
Ownership: In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
Culture: We walk the walk when it comes to our product, and we make sure no important decisions are made without including our employees' perspectives. We value and prioritize everyone’s voice, so we use our anonymous, anti-bias platform to make sure people are comfortable sharing their real thoughts and feedback.
Compensation: We want you to do your best work, and part of that is being happy with your compensation. We pay fairly, taking into account all the complexities of market rates, experience, location, and demand. We believe in pay transparency and pay equity.
Connection: In addition to remote hubs of employees across Canada & the US and offices in Rossland & Vancouver, we get together once a year as a company in some pretty cool locations. We also connect virtually as a company on a monthly basis and celebrate one another in our #gratitude Slack channel.
Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to join regular Anti-racism, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (ADEI) and Learning & Development sessions. You also have access to an annual Professional Development stipend & Company Coach to ensure you can grow in your role & advance your career.