People Operations Coordinator
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 260+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you passionate about supporting teams and enjoy resolving operational challenges? If you’re a people person with a “team above all else” mentality and eagerly looking to support in-office and remote team members, then we have the role for you! We’re looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join us at Thinkific.
As a People Operations Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for keeping people and business operations running smoothly to support Thinkific’s Canada-wide team. You will provide front-line support to team members working in the office by overseeing office access, handling requests for equipment and supplies, and managing facility vendors. You’ll also help coordinate our hybrid meetings and events, communication and documentation, and support the People team with administrative tasks. You are technologically savvy, organized, able to juggle multiple priorities and build positive working relationships. You must be able to work in the office up to 5 days per week, at our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We support remote work/work-from-home for this role as schedule permits.
Your goal will be to support our team with office coordination, and people operation tasks to create positive employee experiences. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Manage our Facility Request form and resolve requests with the help of vendors
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee in partnership with our People Team to ensure compliance
- Act as the primary liaison between the company and the landlord/building manager
- Assist in the monitoring of office security by setting and tracking alarm codes, coordinating vendor visits, and assigning and distributing access cards for new team members
- Manage all vendors related to office operations, including but not limited to the vendors that supply our snacks, water, coffee, kombucha, and beer and cider kegs
- Manage all team communication related to the office, including monitoring our office Slack channel, responding to questions or concerns, and sharing updates
- Lead the setup for hybrid and in-office events, including our monthly Thinker Thursday event, and manage all other requests to host events in our office (including both internal and external events)
- Manage our Recognition & Care Request Form, coordinate employee gifting, and support our employee-led Kulture Skuad
- Support the creation of great new hire experiences ranging from sending welcome gifts to arranging first time in-office visits and helping set up onboarding calendars
- Maintain internal documentation and proactively create documentation for new processes and programs
- Assist with People Operations administration including onboarding and offboarding tasks, preparing HR documentation, and executing team member requests
- Provide administrative support for the VP, People
- Execute data entry and maintenance tasks on our HRIS, BambooHR
The person we have in mind likely:
- Possess 3+ years of experience in an operations or human resources administration support role
- Has foundational knowledge of A/V solutions and video conferencing tools such as Zoom or Google Meets
- Is described as reliable and consistent—you know how important it is to reply to requests promptly and deliver on tasks when you say you will
- Has a natural tendency to be organized with outstanding attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Has experience supporting a People team or similar to execute various support tasks
- Love to learn and grow, always finding new ways to level up, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Experience with Device Management Tools such as Jumpcloud
- Experience with JIRA Suite of tools for Project Work, Service Management and Knowledge Sharing
- Knowledge of networks, MacOS environments, cloud service platforms such as Google Workspace, and communication tools (Slack)
The recruitment compensation range for this position is $60,000 to $71,000 CAD
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across every facet of our business.We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview experience for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
👏 An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing, award-winning culture—we’re a Certified Great Place to Work and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
🚀 The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact for thousands of businesses and millions of students around the world.
💸 A competitive compensation package including base salary, equity, team-wide bonuses, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan.
🌴Flexible Paid Time Off to maintain mental and physical health. Our team is encouraged to take a minimum 4 weeks of vacation, plus Thinker Holidays (extended long weekends in the summer) and time off for the December holiday season.
🩺 Health Benefits and Wellness: Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1 include health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, $3,000 for mental health care, a short-term health plan, and an additional health or personal spending account. Plus, family friendly benefits include generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage and personalized return to work options.
💻 Flexible Work. Choose to work from home from anywhere in Canada, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
⬆️ Learning & Growth. An annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund for conferences, seminars, or courses, plus training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
🏡 A home office setup so you’re ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to order a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
🍦Eats and Treats. $50 CAD per month to treat yourself with snacks, lunch, or groceries to cook at home.
💙 A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!
The Thinkific Vancouver office operates on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations of the Coast Salish People. We encourage everyone to learn more about the original caretakers of the land that you currently occupy.