Manager, Account Management (Distributed - Canada)
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you excited to lead a team of Account Managers to meet and exceed goals and contribute to an expansion strategy? We’re looking for a Manager, Customer Relationships to join us at Thinkific.
In this role you will contribute to the long-term expansion strategy of Thinkific Plus, supporting the Account Management team to attain the long-term vision. You will lead a team of Account Managers to consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas and work with your team to maximize value from existing Thinkific Plus customers. Reporting to the Director, Customer Success, you will lead your team to be able to easily identify areas for that customer to grow with Thinkific and increase MRR per customer. This includes: maximizing renewal revenue (through renegotiations), selling additional products, and sales to new business units within existing Plus customers.
Your goal will be to build a fun, high-performing team of Account Managers who deliver consistent results. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Lead and develop a team of Account Managers including, hiring, onboarding, and training, to ensure ongoing professional development
- Ensure excellent data hygiene at all times. This means all client information, and notes are managed and updated appropriately by Account Managers in our CRM
- Support Account Managers during complex deal negotiations, specifically with regards to legal and compliance matters
- Continue to evolve Thinkific’s Account Management framework, and communicate your vision and strategy in such a way that inspires action and results
- Assist and own various objectives and key results (OKRs) and team projects within the Customer Success team. For example, revenue targets, enablement plans, tool roll-out, and process planning
- Provide accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting to the Director of Customer Success, and VP of Thinkific Plus on an ongoing basis
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, marketing and revenue operations to continue to improve customer success/account management strategies and playbooks
- Utilize quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- Lead your direct reports to manage a growing book of high-value customers by maintaining regular contact, and providing personal recommendations that add value to their growing business
- Manage customer escalations as needed, and coach your team to do the same
The person we have in mind likely:
- Is a high energy, high integrity leader; able to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Has a deep understanding of Customer Success and Account Management, and the importance of customer expansion in the post-sales journey
- Has experience with various expansion strategies: upsell, cross-sell, land and expand
- Is comfortable using data to provide regular call and demo coaching to direct reports
- Possesses and understanding of how to build successful teams and a culture of excitement and commitment in a fast paced environment
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Believes that writing tests as part of a feature is not just a nice to have, but is necessary
- Demonstrated experience using version management tools such as Git with Git Flow
- Thinks great leaders need to focus on the growth and well-being of their team members to be successful!
The recruitment compensation range for this position is $103,000 - $128,000 CAD
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across every facet of our business.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!