Content Designer (Distributed - Canada)
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Can you take a vision and turn it into content that is aligned with specific metrics and goals? We’re looking for a Content Designer to join us at Thinkific.
As a Content Designer at Thinkific, your main arena will be creating high-converting, sales-driven copy for various campaigns, from email sequences to in-product copy. We’re not just looking for a wordsmith; we are in search of someone who is perpetually eager to test, learn, optimize, and insert their knowledge into every piece of copy they see. Reporting to the Director, Content you will collaborate cross-departmentally to create high-converting copy.
Your goal will be to create high-converting, sales-driven copy for various campaigns. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Collaborate with Marketing, Growth, and Product teams to develop persuasive, high-converting copy for various campaigns and emails
- Use performance metrics to gauge the effectiveness of your copy
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions to ensure a unified and effective messaging strategy
- Work closely with the Creative, Content, and Product teams to complement visuals with compelling copy
- Support the development of copy, voice, and tone guidelines for different teams and lifecycle stages
- Continuously stay up-to-date on industry best practices
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 2-3 years of experience in direct response, e-commerce or another fast response industry, preferably in Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Has a portfolio that showcases their skills in direct-response copywriting
- Excels both individually and in a team setting. They have experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve results
- Has clear and effective communication that comes naturally
- Is a strong copy editor and has a strong grasp of content strategy
- Possesses A/B testing as a regular part of their toolkit
- Has a strong understanding of content performance metrics and the tools used to track them
- Has a passion for conversion copy, with a track record of proving their copy works
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Has the ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Possesses a strong knowledge of how copy translates from a page into a product experience
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across every facet of our business.
We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview experience for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!