Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you care deeply about making life better for data people? We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer to join us at Thinkific.
As an Analytics Engineer on Thinkific’s Data team, you’ll help scale analytics at Thinkific by ensuring that data infrastructure is high quality, performant, resilient, and optimized for business impact. You will contribute to the architecture of our data pipelines, model data to empower data consumers across the company, reduce redundancy and risk, and improve quality. Applying both your experience with engineering principles and your experience as a data analyst, you’ll improve on our development process and design datasets to support multiple use cases and ultimately delight data enthusiasts across Thinkific.
Your goal will be to increase the productivity of everyone who uses data at Thinkific. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Contribute to our data infrastructure layer to ensure we build performant, high-quality and cost-effective data sets that scale and are optimized for business impact
- Apply your past experience in engineering best practices to the data pipeline development process (tests, documentation, code reviews, monitoring, etc.)
- Work with data analysts to design summarized datasets that support multiple use cases, and ultimately delight data enthusiasts across the company
- Develop our Data team’s ML/AI capabilities by evaluating and integrating emerging technologies and making them usable by Thinkers of varying technical skills
- Help build a supportive and candid Data team culture and operate with Thinkific’s core values and principles
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 3+ years of experience as an Analytics Engineer, or an equivalent combination of software engineering and data analytics experience
- Understands how data analysts and business users use data to drive decisions
- Possesses strong SQL skills, with additional experience in Python or another general programming language
- Is comfortable with “modern” data stack tooling (Stitch/Fivetran, dbt/DataForm, Looker/Tableau, etc.) and cloud data warehouses (BigQuery/Redshift/Snowflake, etc.)
- Routinely uses git or another version control system in their workflow
- Can communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across an organization, regardless of their technical expertise
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform solutions as they apply to data analytics
- Interest in making modelled data accessible to internal services and external consumers (via API, or something else?)
- Using Terraform or other IaC tooling to manage cloud data infrastructure
- Familiarity with dimensional data modelling (you have an opinion about whether Kimball applies to modern data warehouses)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging across every facet of our business.
We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview experience for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!