Business Development Representative (Distributed - Canada)
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you energized by developing new relationships? Are you excited to be a key part of the sales funnel and help introduce prospective customers to Thinkific Plus? We’re looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join us at Thinkific.
As a Business Development Representative at Thinkific, you'll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by qualifying new inbound business opportunities, building pipelines and developing relationships to provide value to leads. You’ll convert high quality sales conversations into sales opportunities. Working closely with our Manager, Business Development and talented Sales team, you’ll also have the opportunity to flex your creative muscles and contribute to the success of the Sales team.
Your goal will be to contribute to the growth of Thinkific Plus by engaging with prospects to qualify and create new leads for the Sales team. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Establish efficient and accurate lead sequencing, based on team Service-level agreements (SLA)
- Foster strong relationships with prospective customers, through frequent communication via phone and email
- Analyze and report on lead health scores to identify quality opportunities in Salesforce
- Qualify prospects that lead to sales handovers to the Account Executive team
- Strategically analyze the customer sales journey to improve Closed Won rates
- Accurately record sales interactions and keep our CRM up to date
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 1+ years experience working as a SDR, BDR or similar role in a SaaS company
- Is driven and has a proven track record of success in a quota-carrying environment
- Has a natural ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers - they love to build relationships too!
- Possesses a high level of detail and is comfortable using Salesforce
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit with a history of going above and beyond for customers
- Is able to juggle multiple leads and uses their project management skills to achieve their goals
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Previous experience with sales tools like Gong or company wide tools such as Slack and Asana.
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!