Head of Thinkific Plus
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you a transformational leader with a track record of scaling revenue teams, coaching and inspiring company growth? We’re looking for a Head of Thinkific Plus to join us at Thinkific.
As Head of ThinkificPlus, you will develop and execute a sales expansion strategy while transforming and supporting the team in a high performing, growth oriented organization. You will bring a successful track record of scaling teams and building processes that accelerates strong growth and have experience in motivating and coaching teams to success. Our customers love our solution, and you’ll use your leadership skills and expertise to empower our Plus team to get more of what they love in their hands, and to reach prospective customers who don’t yet know what they’re missing.
Your goal will be to lead our Plus Business Unit, ensuring we consistently surpass our overall revenue targets. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Lead the growth of our Plus business unit with a focus on financial health and business unit profitability
- Develop and execute a sales and expansion strategy focused on growth in partnership with the Product and Marketing teams in alignment with our strategic vision
- Own team performance and annual recurring revenue (ARR) and net revenue retention (NRR) results by improving and executing repeatable processes that drive efficiency and superior outcomes across sales, expansion and renewal teams
- Forecast, monitor, and course correct key performance indicators (including overall revenue targets) at the organization, team, and individual level
- Mature existing processes and capacity for gathering and sharing intelligence on sales outcomes, customer success metrics, market, and customer trends to inform strategic decisions
- Implement optimization strategies for existing lines of business and recommend future strategic directions to the Leadership team
- Support and build a high performing growth-oriented culture, marked by accountability and continuous improvement; importing best practices
- Coach and lead the current team including senior people leaders and individual contributors; drive performance and mentor career growth
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuous review our positioning for success
- Develop and nurture relationships with key internal stakeholders, including our Legal, Finance, and Product teams so that Thinkiﬁc as a whole can meet customer expectations beyond the signing of the contract
- Reinforce culture of success and promote a values-based work environment that is safe, respectful, diverse, and inclusive, where team members feel a sense of belonging, growth, and pride in working for Thinkiﬁc through role modeling, accountability, and support
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 15+ years of experience in progressive roles within a SaaS sales environment and at least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role (Sr Director or VP level)
- Has experience building and leading a high-performing business unit and delivering stellar ARR and NRR results, ahead of targets, in a similar subscription-based environment
- Has built strategies to expand impressive revenue growth within aggressive timelines while maintaining a stellar customer first experience
- Demonstrates a history of improving, implementing and scaling sales and customer success processes and practices
- Has consistently met and exceeded targets in a SaaS environment and has ideally worked with a monthly subscription product (ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 per month in MRR)
- Embodies a data-driven mindset and the ability to use information to shape recommendations and practices. They’ve built strategic plans incorporating various business lines, using a data driven approach and focused on metrics.
- Describes themself as a “roll up your sleeves” dynamic manager and has a proven record of change-management leadership in a high growth entrepreneurial environment
- Has an excellent understanding of CRM systems (including Salesforce), reporting, and leveraging these systems to build strong sales funnels
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this ﬁeld, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Understanding of the customer journey beyond the sales function
- Experience collaborating, building trust, and inﬂuencing internal stakeholders and customers to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers and Thinkiﬁc
- Experience optimizing and operating a sales function with a SaaS company with a global customer base to take a sales team to the next level, from performing to exceeding
- Experience and knowledge of the online learning space
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!
Something looks off?