MOBILE DEVELOPER - iOS SWIFT
About the role
Think Dirty is the #1 beauty ingredients app, awarded App of the Day in 2021 from over 2M apps in the App Store. It connects ingredient-conscious beauty shoppers to natural beauty brands. Our platform engages both consumers and brands to make healthier and socially responsible choices when it comes to ingredients safety and a healthy environment. Over 6.5 M consumers use Think Dirty to shop for better personal and beauty products for their health and the environment.
We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals like you to join a great cause for consumers and health enthusiasts alike. Would that be you?
What does Mobile Development mean at Think Dirty?
Working with a dedicated and tight-knitted team, along with the founder, designers and product manager, to build and launch new features for our app. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for leveraging the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our loyal user base.
- Create features using Swift and work to iterate away from our legacy Objective-C chunks slowly
- Architect-level contributor with an exceptional track record of creating reusable. components and writing performant clean code and meaningful unit tests.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and tools from the iOS community
- Openly collaborate with your team to solve problems and learn from failures
- Fix it! Ship it! Own it!
- Excellent knowledge of Swift, SwiftUI, and reactive programming frameworks such as Combine.
- Strong understanding of MVVM architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Dependency Injections.
- Strong understanding of Protocol-oriented programming principles.
- Strong understanding of different iOS frameworks and SOLID principles.
- Strong knowledge of various Software design patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience shipping one or more iOS apps, ideally currently available on the App Store
- Love to write clean, SOLID code and ship quickly
Would be considered an advantage:
- 2+ years of mobile or other software engineering experience
- 2+ years building iOS applications in Swift 5.5
- Experience creating custom native user interfaces using SwiftUI.
- An eye for design, attention to detail
- Have worked on apps in App Store with over 90% crash-free rate and over 4.5 stars reviews
- Experience with Swift structured concurrencies and async/await.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, e.g. GitHub Actions and Bitrise.
- Experience with writing Unit Tests.
- Experience building multimodular iOS apps.
- Experience with SPM.
- Some knowledge of Objective C.
Who You Are:
- Believes that code clarity is paramount to modern engineering teams
- An experienced product-minded iOS engineer with a proven track-record of using mobile development best practices
- A solid understanding of how native mobile applications work (including security and session management) and how to integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Experience working on teams in an Agile-Scrum environment
- Ability to clearly communicate, help lead technical decision making, mentor less experienced developers and estimate delivery effectively
- Is excited about collaborating with others, engineering and non-engineering, both learning & teaching as Think Dirty grows
- A willingness to over time, take on a broad set of responsibilities from configuration to design to implementation.
Email us at email@example.com
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Please attach your GitHub profile link: *
Are you legally authorized to work in the country which this role is based? *
What is your desired salary? *