Supplier Quality Engineer
The Lion Electric
Are you a focused and meticulous supplier quality engineer with Automotive industry expereince? If yes, then this role may be for you!
Reporting to the Quality Director, the Supplier Quality Engineer will work with the Quality, Product Development and Procurement team. The SQE will conduct their work with the various supplier quality assurance tools, database, ERP Syteline, APQP and others. All while taking charge of quality issues and bringing them to satisfactory solutions for internal and external customers.
- Join the multidisciplinary teams and participate in the technical specification review processes and plan the submission of the PPAP process with the supplier.
- Follow suppliers during design with an APQP approach – Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Conduct quality activities leading to the acceptance of components according to the requirements and the PPAP process.
- Ensure the follow-up and respect of deadlines and provide approval to the supplier to start production.
- Follow notices of engineering changes.
- Corrective actions:
- Participate and follow up on the problem solving and corrective action process for suppliers.
- Support the production line in the event of a major quality crisis related to supplier liability.
- Supplier audit and evaluation:
- Perform quality audits remotely or on supplier sites.
- Identify risks in supplier manufacturing processes and make improvements to reduce these risks.
- Keep key indicators related to supplier quality up to date and develop new relevant indicators.
- Maintaining detailed reports on supplier quality, including defect rates and areas that result in flaws.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers to reduce defect rates.
- Ensure all product delivered from a supplier are in compliance with manufacturing specifications and company standards.
- Develop control plans and technical specifications:
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all quality and performance requirements for parts, sub-assemblies or systems given to the supplier.
- Define, in cooperation with the Product Development department, the "key characteristics" of the products purchased and validate the requirements (drawings, specifications);
- Implement quality standards for the different platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and problem-solving methods (Kaizen, 5S, 8D);
- Knowledge of APQP according to AIAG
Skills and attitudes
- Be action and results oriented.
- Have a spirit of synthesis.
- Ability to communicate well and work in a team.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to organize and structure own work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Supplier Quality Engineer is required to be on their feet for at least four hours a shift, kneel, stoop, along with being able to push, pull and lift up to 50lbs.
Training and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in quality, ideally with suppliers.
- Have experience in a manufacturing company, preferably in the automotive sector.
- Have experience as an auditor.
*Available to travel to suppliers.