Mechanical Engineer - Finishing and Accessories
The Lion Electric
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we contribute to the improvement of our environment and our society.
Come design the future with us!
Why join our team?
- You will work in a stimulating and constantly evolving work environment (no risk of getting bored with us)!
- Work-life balance: You want time for yourself and your family, no need to justify yourself!
- We simply understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your schedule is flexible and we trust you!
- We have insurance (Concrete) and a great employee assistance program!
- There are no limits to your career potential at Lion!
What is the role?
The Mechanical Engineer - Body Shop will be responsible for the technical aspects of the various projects assigned to them, including the design and development of structural and mechanical components (vehicle finishes and accessories). He/she will also be responsible for providing the necessary support to the factory and other departments of the company in order to facilitate the completion of the projects within the established deadlines and budgets.
In your day-to-day work, you will:
- Define the characteristics and technical specifications of the various projects assigned, promoting the optimal solution for the company;
- Analyze, clarify, interpret and align project requirements with other engineering disciplines to establish a common technical view;
- Define structural and/or mechanical component concepts based on project technical requirements;
- Analyze, clarify, interpret and align structural and/or mechanical analyses;
- Prepare, review and support component verification and validation activities;
- Support transition to production;
- Any other related duties.
What you need to succeed in this position?
- Knowledge in the design of vehicle structures and mechanical components;
- Knowledge of steels, aluminum, composites and plastics;Knowledge of structural joints (welding, glue, rivets, etc.);
- Knowledge in finite element analysis;
- Knowledge of failure analysis and solution integration;
- Knowledge of road transportation standards and regulations (asset);
- Knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Knowledge of SolidWorks 3D and/or Catia software.
- Ability to communicate effectively ;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to synthesize ;
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
Skills and attitudes
- Demonstrate initiative;
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Demonstrate team spirit;
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate good analytical skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Member of the Quebec Order of Engineers;
- 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience in structure;
- Experience in the field of road transportation (asset);
- Experience in testing and certification (asset).
We can't wait to talk to you!