Engineer - Dynamics Systems
The Lion Electric
The Dynamic Systems Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, integrating and validating steering, suspension, brake, axle, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. You'll work with the mechanical designers to ensure that design evolves according to various requirements. You'll coordinate and collaborate with the various specialties, departments and suppliers to ensure quality deliverables while respecting project deadlines.
The Dynamic Systems Engineer will work with other departments inside and outside of engineering to ensure that their designs meet the company's needs on any given project. They ensure that the integrated systems meet the standards and legislation of the target market. They will approve the work of the designers who they collaborate with.
- Define the system architecture;
- Define and validate the system requirements taking into account the applicable standards and regulations;
- Define and validate the system's mechanical and electrical interfaces;
- Develop the system control logic with the software group;
- Work with suppliers and other Lion groups to facilitate system integration into the vehicle;
- Define the relevant test plans to verify the requirements;
- Define system operational modes based on typical vehicle usage;
- Analyze the probable causes of system failures and their effects (DFMEA);
- Define verification and validation activities relevant to the system;
- Support the production of new products;
- Support customer problem solving;
- Provide occasional support for production and test sites to help solve problems and implement testing.
- Bilingual (French and English);
- 3D CAO program (SolidWorks and Catia V5) expert;
- MS Office Suite.
- Very analytical;
- Communicates effectively;
- Team player;
- Solves problems in an analytical, methodical, and proactive manner;
- Meet deadlines.
- Autonomous and resourceful;
- Team spirit;
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Active OIQ member;
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar position;
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in transportation, automative mechanics, or heavy vehicles, an asset.