Mechanical designer - Finishing and accessories
The Lion Electric
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we contribute to the improvement of our environment and our society.
Come design the future with us!
What is the proposed role?
Under the supervision of the Section Manager - Finishing and Wrapping, the Mechanical Designer - Wrapping will be responsible for the 3D design and integration of parts and components of the vehicle structure. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, he/she will work in close collaboration with numerous teammates to find innovative solutions in order to develop innovative and high-performance vehicles.
In your daily work, you will have to :
- Produce 3D drawings for various development and prototyping projects;
- Updating current drawings;
- Participate in technical reviews and design concepts;
- Conduct component research;
- Collaborate in technical analysis;
- Perform technical validation of incoming parts;
- Support the production and quality departments;
- Answer technical questions;
- Provide assistance in the search for parts.
What you need to succeed in this position:
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Mastery of a 3D CAD program (Catia V5);
- Knowledge of different material forming techniques, an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and MS 365;
- Knowledge of composite and thermoplastic molding.
- High analytical skills ;
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Teamwork Ability;
- Ability to problem solve in an analytical, analytical, methodical and proactive manner; and
- Ability to prioritize;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Skills and Attitudes:
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Demonstrate thoroughness;
- Be meticulous.
- DEC in mechanical engineering in progress or completed, or other similar field.
- Experience as a mechanical designer (asset);
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in automotive or transportation mechanics - Asset.
We can't wait to talk to you!