Senior Data Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Marketing & Communications, IT, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to fuel the next stage of our growth. This person will work closely with stakeholders in the Growth organization to deliver deep, actionable insights in a timely manner. These insights will serve as decision-making tools for cross-functional leaders, ultimately accelerating decision quality at TextNow.
This role sits on the Business Analytics team. The mission of our team is to deliver timely and trustworthy insights that enhance clarity and instill confidence. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Business Analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a strong partner to cross-functional teams in understanding new and existing product offering, and recommend the right metrics to measure performance
- Provide cross-functional teams visibility into key business KPIs and metrics by developing and presenting reports and dashboards
- Independently conduct analyses using rigorous analytic methods and build recommendations that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Execute upon experimentation roadmaps by implement experiments and tests, monitoring results and presenting recommendations
- Generate and share actionable insights with Director+ level leadership via written artifacts such as decks and memos, and verbally in forums such as weekly standup meetings
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in a quantitative discipline like Math, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or Analytics required. MS in Business Analytics highly preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in business and/or product analytics, working with large, multi-dimensional datasets, preferably at fast-growing tech companies
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled in extracting and transforming data from Snowflake warehouse using SQL
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, operating, and maintaining Tableau dashboards
- Knowledge of using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of experimentation (A/B tests, geo tests etc.) and basic statistics (e.g hypothesis testing) required. Knowledge of commonly used analytic methods such as regression, decision trees and forecasting is highly preferred.
- Experience in and ability to play “trusted advisor” to senior and executive leadership and help make change happen.
- Fast learner. Being a fast learner also means the ability to admit defeat, ask for help and iterate quickly so you can learn from your mistakes and move ahead.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders as well as peers on the data team
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to deliver insights to the right teams in a timely manner.
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy