Sr. Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a social media manager. Someone who is highly creative,proficient in social media analytics, and possesses strong writing and video editing skills. The ideal candidate should be proactive, organized, flexible, and have a passion for mission-driven companies, able to develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with TextNow's brand values and target audience, overseeing profiles on various platforms and collaborating with the content and social media teams to engage the TextNow community through compelling storytelling and consistent brand messaging. Monitor performance metrics, collaborate with other teams, manage budgets, and work with influencers to produce platform-specific content and drive audience growth, client conversion, and product adoption while prioritizing marketing initiatives and supporting business objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, manage, and execute on a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with TextNow’sbrand values, objectives, and target audience.
- Oversee TextNow’s profiles on platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X (formerly Twitter) and other social channels; remain informed on emerging platforms and trends that fit our brand's audience.
- Collaborate with the Content Manager and the Social Media Coordinator to build and nurture the TextNow community through compelling storytelling, experiences, and content distributed across social channels.
- Collaborate with the broader marketing, comms, and design teams to ensure that our brand messaging and visual identity are consistent across all social channels and touch points.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience, and use this knowledge to inform the development of a social strategy that resonates with our clients and followers, and adheres to the nuances of each audience segment.
- Partner with the Social Media Coordinator to monitor and report on performance metrics, providing actionable insights and recommendations for optimization.
- Work closely with design, content, marketing, PR, and events teams to coordinate and amplify launches and other brand events.
- Manage related budget and own the work with creators and influencers to produce engaging, platform-specific content to help grow audience, convert followers into clients, and drive IAP and product adoption. Monitor and report on the performance of influencer campaigns and use data insights to optimize future campaigns.
- Build and maintain a centralized, integrated, and comprehensive cultural calendar—driving alignment and prioritization of marketing initiatives across the org and ensuring activations support business objectives.
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in marketing and social media
- Highly creative and strategic; able to analyze and implement revenue-driving opportunities through strategic marketing while producing industry-leading content for the brand
- Proficiency with social media analytics tools and platforms
- Strong writing and video editing skills with impeccable attention to detail; comfortable behind and in front of a camera.
- Proactive, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for mission driven companies, and a desire to make a positive impact through storytelling
- Highly organized but able to be flexible, nimble, and scrappy
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy