Project Specialist-Privacy and Compliance
Waterloo, ON, Canada · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a Project Support Specialist as part of the Customer Experience Team. The Project Support Specialist, responsible for day-to-day management of Legal Requests, and acting as the voice of the customer to foster safety and trust in our processes and policies.
What You'll Do:
- Liaise with various members of Law Enforcement across the US and Canada to support the daily management of legal requests
- Subpoenas, Search Warrants, Production Requests, MLAT Process
- Respond to legal requests needing immediate action- Emergency and Child Protection requests
- Provide Escalated support to our third party support provider for sensitive security information requests/ responding to issues
- Collaborate with Director, Customer Experience on ways to drive awareness of TextNow proactive approach to protecting our customers, building trust in our privacy procedures
- Collaborate and participate in projects that will enhance our customer experience, within legal processes and those impacting customer care operations
- Compile and analyze data pertaining to customer experience (disposition data, customer feedback)
- Be a team player and support customer care operations across channels when needed with additional training where necessary.
- Identifying requirements and implementing all related customer care requirements in accordance with CCPA legislation
- Creating Safety Awareness content that our customers can leverage when using our product, then working cross functionally to understand the best mediums and channels to publish such content
- Find new ways to evolve our online tool for retrieving customer files associated to legal requests
Requests will include:
Act as the voice of the customer
What are some exciting projects they will work on?
Who You Are:
- Someone with passion to ensure that the privacy rights of our customers are being protected, leveraging data and tools to ensure that our response to law enforcement is delivered with complete accuracy and in a timely manner.
- 1+ years of legal support experience in a technical environment, you collaborate and promote safety and trust in all your interactions with your colleagues and customers
- Has proven ability to execute on projects from conception to launch
- with the ability to motivate people to take action and always be working on behalf of our customer
- Motivated individual who loves to solve challenging problems
- Someone with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy