Senior Quality Engineer
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to drive our automated testing strategy across our mobile platforms (Android & iOS). Working as part of our Quality Engineering team, you will design and implement automated testing harnesses and create readable, reliable regression tests that act as the standard for other Quality Engineers to follow.
At TextNow, we test our work regularly throughout all stages of the software development and delivery process, with the goal of delivering a world-class customer experience in our products. Each development team is responsible formaintaininga high level of quality in their work, and the testing insights provided by our Quality Engineers are essential to their success.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of automated testing for mobile applications and a passion for building high-quality software that our customers will love.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and maintain automated testing harnesses for the TextNow Android and iOS apps
- Write automated regression tests that provide accurate and reliable insights into the health of the app
- Work with other QEs to expand our automated test coverage for new and existing features
- Develop a standard structure and set of best practices for writing readable, maintainable automated system tests across all our platforms
- Coach team members in the use of modern automated testing tools and practices
Who You Are:
- 7+ years in an SDET/QE role, with extensive experience in automated mobile testing
- Creator of cool stuff using modern app development tools (especially Appium & Pytest)
- Brilliant collaborator and strong communicator with a passion for mentoring
- Takes action and ownership in all aspects of automated mobile testing
- Respectfully candid in advocating for world-class user experiences and high technical integrity
- Bold risk-taker and self-starter who is able to independently drive a project from the requirements gathering phase until its completion
- Resourceful and scrappy in developing test processes and getting buy-in from stakeholders
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy