Sr. Development Engineer - Android
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a Senior Android Developer to help us grow our Android mobile platform which provides millions of users with real-time calling, messaging, and wireless communication services every day.
What You'll Do
- Write clean, maintainable Android applications in Kotlin using the latest programming techniques and frameworks
- Take full ownership of projects from design to deployment
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and designers
- Deploy your features to millions of users - your work will have an immediate impact
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers who are responsible for building a world-class Android communication experience
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development experience, with a deep background working within the Android ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Engineering
- Experience optimizing performance and making apps faster on slower devices
- Proven ability at providing input into the architecture and design of a project and prior experience building frameworks for test (QA) automation
- Take a customer focused approach to developing solutions
- Love to solve challenging problems and write maintainable and testable components
- Previously held a role in technical leadership a plus
- Experience with the Android NDK a plus
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy
See more open positions at TextNow
Something looks off?