System Integration Engineer
At Miraterra, we believe that soil health is crucial for mitigating climate change, increasing biodiversity and ensuring food security. We are a cleantech company using novel sensor technology, machine learning, and computational chemistry to generate soil insight and give farmers and agronomists the power to improve their soil health through data-driven decisions. This is the purpose that unifies and drives us and we are looking for brilliant and kind people who can join us in this mission.
We are a team of welcoming and intelligent scientists, engineers and business people who are focused on taking breakthrough product into the market. Miraterra existed for a couple years as a division in a larger corporation, Terramera, but is now spun out as a completely new company.
YOUR ROLE AT MIRATERRA
Complex, remotely accessible, electro-mechanical systems involve a multitude of software and hardware components interacting with each other. Keeping such interaction smooth and quickly spotting the friction points is key to timely and reliable deliverables. We are seeking a system integration engineer to maintain our Linux custom distribution, CI/CD pipeline under GitLab CI, and software quality. This includes developing all necessary tests and potentially implementing hardware-in-the-loop testing.The engineer will also be responsible for deploying our software and over-the-air updates, on will be on call for key customer deployments.
Reporting to the Software leader in our Embedded System department, you will work closely with the electronics teams, the cloud software team, devops, and more.
- Maintain our custom Linux distribution
- Support the design and implementation of our CI/CD with GitLab CI
- Improve the quality of our code by developing tests
- Release and deploy the software on our instrument
- Troubleshooting the instrument with our key customers
- Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with implementing a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with custom Linux distributions and device trees with Yocto
- Experience with Containers and Docker
- Experience with Git version control
WE VALUE, BUT DON'T REQUIRE
- Experience with Gitlab CI
- Experience in a DevOps role
- Experience in Test driven development
- Experience with single board computer like Raspberry Pi or Nvidia Jetson
- Based on-site in Vancouver, B.C. Hybrid working is encouraged to maximize both project support and work-life balance.
- Full time, Permanent
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Miraterra is a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group.