At Miraterra, we believe that soil health is crucial for mitigating climate change, increasing biodiversity and ensuring food security. We are a cleantech company using novel sensor technology, machine learning, and computational chemistry to generate soil insight and give farmers and agronomists the power to improve their soil health through data-driven decisions. This is the purpose that unifies and drives us and we are looking for brilliant and kind people who can join us in this mission.
We are a team of welcoming and intelligent scientists, engineers and business people who are focused on taking breakthrough product into the market. Miraterra existed for a couple years as a division in a larger corporation, Terramera, but is now spun out as a completely new company.
YOUR ROLE AT MIRATERRA
We are seeking a Software Engineer to develop embedded software for our instrument, which runs a custom Linux distribution and Docker container. The software will connect to our database in the cloud to upload data collected by the sensor and control the sensor's different parts.
Reporting to the Software leader in our Embedded System department, you will work closely with the electronics teams and the cloud software team.
- Design, develop, and test Python and C++ embedded software for our instrument
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and design solutions
- Implement solutions using best practices in code quality and design
- Test and debug solutions to ensure they meet requirements
- Maintain and optimize existing Python and C++ software applications
- Provide technical support to users and other engineers
- Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with Containers and Docker
- Experience of a Linux development environment
- Experience with Git version control
WE VALUE, BUT DON'T REQUIRE
- Experience with Gitlab CI
- Experience with single board computer like Raspberry Pi or Nvidia Jetson
- Based on-site in Vancouver, B.C. Hybrid working is encouraged to maximize both project support and work-life balance.
- Full time, Permanent
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Miraterra is a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group.