Technical Program Manager - Software
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Innovation is hard, and the journey from concept to deployment is even harder but rewarding. Technical Program Managers play a critical and pivotal role in this journey by driving teams, solving complex challenges, and launching breakthrough products.
Tenstorrent is a dynamic startup at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and High-Performance Compute (HPC) innovation. We're on a mission to revolutionize the landscape of AI hardware, software, and RISC-V compute. If you're passionate about driving AI software excellence and technical leadership, we invite you to shape the future of AI and compute technologies.
As an early Technical Program Manager at Tenstorrent, you will be responsible for cross-functional innovation, executing complex programs end-to-end, and working closely with leadership. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
You will own and execute effective SW development life cycle program plans end-to-end, track quality metrics, drive strategic stakeholder collaboration, and foster programmatic leadership within hardware, software, customer and external partner teams.
- Oversee, lead and manage cross-functional software engineering teams working on compilers, performance optimization, AI models, and cloud integration.
- Define and track clear goals, priorities, and milestones, ensuring alignment with overall Tenstorrent’s corporate goals.
- Provide Programmatic guidance, mentorship, and foster a culture of execution within SW teams
- Improve and execute on software development life cycles that encompass feature development, bug resolution, quality metrics, and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with engineering, test, and customer teams to establish metrics, testing frameworks, and release processes.
- Devise strategic roadmap, product definition and program metrics with internal and external stakeholders, and leadership
- Monitor project progress, identify risks, and proactively implement mitigation strategies.
- Foster effective collaboration between Software, Hardware, Customer, Operations, Cloud and other cross-functional AI and Compute teams.
- Communicate complex technical concepts clearly across executive and engineering stakeholders.
- Leverage your expertise in software development, AI models, compilers, performance optimization, and cloud integration to make informed decisions and promote innovation.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to ensure our AI and Compute solutions remain at the forefront of the industry.
Technical Program Leadership:
End-to-End Software Development Life Cycle:
Strategic Leadership and resolving ambiguity:
Stakeholder management & Strategic leadership:
Experience & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field; MS/MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Technical program management in Software, Embedded, Semiconductor, or AI domains
- Strong understanding of hardware/software co-design principles, and experience working with cross-functional teams of developers, test, and Field-Application-Engineering.
- Exceptional Program management skills, including the ability to manage multiple programs, prioritize tasks, influence teams and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive approach to identifying and mitigating risks.
- Strong experience and devising metrics, roadmaps, dashboards and preparing executive level presentations
- Experience with project & program management tools and methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, JIRA).
- PMP, PgMP, or other relevant project/program management certifications are a plus.
This position is open for both Austin, TX and Toronto, Canada locations
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.