In-House Counsel - IP and Contracts
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is looking for an exceptional In-House Counsel to play a crucial role in providing comprehensive legal advice in support of our organization across all functions. We seek someone who is adaptable, can pivot in a fast-paced startup environment, and has the ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams while seamlessly managing competing priorities.
You’ll be responsible for addressing a wide range of legal matters, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, minimizing risks for the company, acting as a trusted legal advisor across all internal business units, and representing the company with our external partners and vendors.
This role is available to candidates who can work from any of our US offices or remotely from anywhere within the United States.
- Provide cross-functional legal advice to Leadership, Engineering, Product, HR/Recruiting, Sales, Software and Operations teams
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex agreements including, but not limited to: leases, employment contracts, licensing agreements, NDA’s, MSA’s, SOW’s, SaaS, LOI’s, RMA’s, corporate governance documents, purchase agreements, terms and conditions and related paper
- Support business development and strategy teams involving Tenstorrent’s commercial partnerships
- Think creatively to address novel legal issues raised by modern semiconductor technology
- Monitor development in changes on industry specific regulations and legal matters, and provide advice on compliance with applicable laws and regulations while ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
Experience & Qualifications
- JD degree and state bar membership
- 4+ years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Extensive experience working with startups, specifically in the semiconductor space and/or chip manufacturers or suppliers preferred
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Experience providing solutions-oriented, practical legal advice to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical, written, and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills and confidence to interact comfortably with employees at all levels of the organization including C-Suite
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Corporate transaction experience preferred
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.