Senior Principal Design Verification Engineer
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a Senior Principal Design Verification Engineer at Tenstorrent you will lead the verification efforts for complex digital designs, contribute to verification strategy and methodologies, mentor junior engineers, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams. Your deep expertise in design verification, leadership skills, and strategic thinking will be vital in achieving successful project outcomes and driving innovation in our products.
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive verification plans for complex digital designs, ensuring thorough testing of functionality, performance, and compliance with specifications.
- Define and drive the verification strategy, methodologies, and best practices across projects.
- Collaborate with design, architecture, and software teams to understand design requirements and specifications.
- Guide and mentor junior verification engineers, providing technical leadership and fostering their growth.
- Develop advanced verification environments using industry-standard methodologies and languages (e.g., SystemVerilog, UVM).
- Create and execute testbenches, test cases, and coverage plans to ensure complete verification coverage.
- Analyze and debug complex functional and performance issues, working closely with design teams to resolve them.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of verification processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive seamless integration of verified designs into larger systems.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in design verification methodologies, tools, and industry trends.
- Participate in design reviews, offering valuable insights to improve design quality and verification completeness.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field with a minimum of 15 years of industry experience.
- Proven track record of leading successful design verification efforts for complex digital designs.
- Expertise in verification methodologies such as UVM (Universal Verification Methodology).
- Proficiency in SystemVerilog and other industry-standard verification languages.
- Strong understanding of digital design, computer architecture, and microarchitecture concepts.
- Experience with verification tools and simulators, such as Questa, VCS, or similar.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and debug intricate design issues.
- Leadership experience, with the ability to mentor and guide junior verification engineers.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python, Perl) for testbench automation is a plus.
- Familiarity with formal verification methodologies is an advantage.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.